• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Impact Land

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Nothing new actually, I already tried experimenting with this a while ago. On Yoshi's f.ex., if you double jump quickly enough from the ground to the lower platforms, Link performs this "No Impact Land".

This works on all stages though, afaik.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Nothing new actually, I already tried experimenting with this a while ago. On Yoshi's f.ex., if you double jump quickly enough from the ground to the lower platforms, Link performs this "No Impact Land".

This works on all stages though, afaik.
Falco full jump on Battlefield, Doc/Mario full jump on DL64 are easy examples of the same thing.

Everyone can do it on every stage with the right placement and timing, EXCEPT for Fox on Final Destination. Everyone else can do a double jump on the correct height, hold towards the ledge and do a perfect landing (Ganondorf mains excel at this).

It is very useful if you have a quick attack that ends before you've reached the peak of your jump. Doc/Mario has their Bair and (I think) Uair, for example. Combine with a perfect waveland and you can possibly start combos with it.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Hmm I actually didn't find any good uses for this worth mentioning, except what Rostigalen wrote, obviously. I compared the times Link needs to get to the lower platforms on Yoshis and jab right after landing, and the difference wasn't reaallly that important. I'm sure that this "No Impact Land" 's a few split ms faster, but not in a way that could possibly reinvent Link's platform games entirely.

It's still good as a mixup imo, however, and good for surprising an opponent trying to tech on the upper platforms for example.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
For lulz, a Link should be able to do (haven't tested) the following: Jump from below, perfect waveland, SKRAAAAAA! and slide off the platform. :p

cjugs

Smash Ace
Well the reason I thought it would be useful is I think it lets Link tomahawk grab when they're on the platform above you, something he can't really do otherwise. I'm not sure though.
i don't know what tomahawk means.
Yeah i've watched that vid and tried it the link is on the falco boards it seems little hard to do and i don't see a huge reason to do it. I do however use the shield drop not both when i'm in shield pressure or when i want to dash and fall through the plats.

Skler

Smash Master
Link's waveland is probably too short to SKRAAA and slide off. He has a lot of traction in dem boots. A lot of traction and a lot of nair.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I tried to waveland --> SKRAAA but I only succeeded once, at 1/2 speed in training mode, on more than 50 tries. Not worth it.

So unfortunately, this is a neat but almost useless technique for Link.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
i don't know what tomahawk means.
Yeah i've watched that vid and tried it the link is on the falco boards it seems little hard to do and i don't see a huge reason to do it. I do however use the shield drop not both when i'm in shield pressure or when i want to dash and fall through the plats.
oh, my bad. Yeah tomahawk is basically jumping at someone who's shielding as if you're going to aerial and then landing and grabbing.

The no impact land lets Link land directly on the platform without going over it and with no lag. I feel like it would be really hard for them to react to if they're shielding above you for whatever reason. I guess that situation doesn't come up too often.

It could also be somewhat useful for platform techchasing.

Skler

Smash Master
Wouldn't the hitbox be the aerial SKRAAA! though, like when you SKRAAA!hog? If it's the aerial hitbox it probably isn't worth it.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
I'm a PAL user, so it isn't worth it either way, but it sure seems like it's the aerial version when I tested. The hits were very weak.

Still cool in a Link tech skill video =p

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
The oh-so-useful semispike is gone. Except for the initial hit, which is still very strong, all of the hits afterwards are very weak and barely hit your opponent. They're also sent upwards instead of downwards.

To be frank, they probably just aimed for something more realistic. Can't blame them for that.

Top Bottom