• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No guides yet, so let's give general tips about playing DK

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
My DK or my english is not good enough to write a complete guide. Hopefully this thread will inspire someone to write one, or at least make it life easier. Here we go!

-DK off stage is a beast. Back Throw them off stage and two Bair in a row will kill most of the cast at mid % (at low % try to change you second Bair for a Dair, pretty much a garranteed spike if done right).

-Use Giant Punch super armor to get some easy kills. (Always feels great to make someone believe they landed a falcon punch on you just to see them blasting off screen.)

-Nair is a great approach tool. Mix it up with Bair sometime.

- dash :GCR: + :GCL: + quickly jump will turn you around really quick, ready for a Bair.

-When you see someone start shield grabbing you when you approach, just Side B them and great there shield. They will be scare to try it again (Though now they will start rolling back which I am not sure how to deal with... DK landing lag is sometime greater then some of the cast roll + F-smash)

-Only use Dash Attack to catch someone landing. Otherwise, it kinda sucks..

-Grabs are godly. Back Throw them off stage if you can, if not, Cargo Grab Up Throw to Uair is great for damage and kill if they don't air dodge. (Mind game here, delay your Uair until they air dodge, than double jump and punish them with Uair.)

-I find UpTilt better to punish rolls then D-Smash. It's quicker, combo into itself at low % and kill at high %.

I'd love to know some tips about how to fight against really fast characters (Zero Suit Samus, Diddy, Sheik) and characters that can zone you out with projectiles (Toon link, Robin...)

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Fast-fall nair is very good off-stage if they're trying to recover low to avoid the Bair.
Use Down-B to read rolls or after Dtilt.(Even if they shield their shield will break. Only a bad option if they know to jump after Dtilt)
Normally vs Projectile characters, you dash then shield their projectile, they'll get scared and move away. If they jump, hit them with bair or nair. If they roll, down-B.
DK's jab, and tilts can cancel out some projectiles like Megamans Side B, Neutral B, Samus's Side B(both the weak shot and the smash shot) Take advantage of that.
Vs characters like Sonic or Diddy, get them off-stage if you can. Your off-stage is a hell of a lot better than theirs. I'm at a loss for Sheik though. Just know that your Bair>her fair. Might post more later

Top Bottom