• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No Escape platforms

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone noticed that if your standing on a platform, such as the one in acsv and you unleash a smash your oponents reaction is too roll out of it, usually reaulting in them rolling into a edge, and shortly afterwards into oblivion.

do you think this could be worked into a stratagy or is it gtfo time?

thoughts?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The smash is so slow, that the opponent can simply press down+dodge and punish you underneath the platform.

An opponent who rolls that much deserves to be punished, though =)

I think it's too risky, because you're hoping they would roll or something when that doesn't have a good chance of happening.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Has anyone noticed that if your standing on a platform, such as the one in acsv and you unleash a smash your oponents reaction is too roll out of it, usually reaulting in them rolling into a edge, and shortly afterwards into oblivion.

do you think this could be worked into a stratagy or is it gtfo time?

thoughts?
When there's a platform, usually you want your opponent to be on top of it and you under it; that way, you can get off a free USmash, UTilt, or even sometimes an FSmash (very rare and unlikely though). I personally wouldn't advise being on the same level as your opponent on a platform; the situation you lay out seems too uncommon, while being under a platform seems more common and reaps nearly the same benefit.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, going off of Metroid, you simply won't see this often enough to make use of it, and other places, like Yoshi's Island, Battlefield, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, and a few others allow you to do this by being directly under a platform. That situation would probably only happen in acsv, in which case you may not even be able to pull out a F-Air. This is the reason why there are some certain counterpicks like Battlefield and Lylat Cruise.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I agree. The worst place for your opponent to be at when they are against Ike is when they are above Ike on a platform. Ike has a lot of options to attack them when they are on top of a platform. :)

Anyway, if your opponent is dodging you a lot on a platform, why don't you just pass through the platform and use the Uair? Uair ***** people on top of platforms + spot dodges/shield rolls! Especially if you can aim it at the center of the platform properly. The Utilt and Usmash also work as well. I find it far too risky to use any of his smash moves unless I am absolutely confident that it'll hit them. I don't think I'd ever use them to bait the opponent into rolling towards the edge of the platform which both you and your opponent are on hoping that you'll hit them. Because if your smash attack didn't outlast their invincibility frames, you can get punished reeaally badly which you don't want happening when using Ike. Also if they jump off or pass through the platform while you are in the process of initiating the attack (due to start up lag), you'll be in for some trouble. I think for something like this to happen though is quite situational on some stages. I think you would be better off dropping through the platform and attacking your opponent safely from there as this opportunity doesn't occur much in battle.

BTW, what stage is ACSV abbreviated from? Is it Animal Crossing Smashville? :confused:

Reaperman64

Smash Apprentice
yeah its animal crossing smash ville...
this is interesting, and using u smash under neath a platform, which knocks them off and proceed to punish with an f smash is my favorite trick.
ah well it was a nice thought and u air really needs to work its way into my game some how....

Top Bottom