• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

No autographs, please...

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
... because I'm an irrelevant unknown person and I'll take up precious space in your autograph book.

Hello, I'm KimKarsmashian. I'm not a big fan of the Kardashians but I am a big fan of Smash. I've been playing since the gloriously blocky days and I don't intend to stop.

Opinions that may or may not be interesting:

• I am disappointed that Board the Platforms hasn't returned. I'm also disappointed at Brawl's decision to make a one-size-fits-all Break the Targets. I feel strongly about stupid small things like this.
  • Subspace Emissary's gameplay was weird and awkward, but I wouldn't mind if they gave a big storyline like that another try. The cutscenes alone were worth it - Captain Olimar meeting Captain Falcon was incredible.
  • Ridley is not too big, but I have no personal stake in his inclusion other than "yay, more dragons!" Few of the popular desired characters interest me.
  • Tom Nook should have gotten in over Villager. #sorrynotsorry Nevertheless, I will definitely try Villager out.
  • Other than a vague notion of wave-dashing being impossible and the inclusion of tripping (which is just a silly decision), I don't understand the general disappointment with Brawl. I have a feeling it involves competitive playing but being a stranger to that field, I don't know what makes Brawl earn such scorn.
  • Smash64 is the greatest Smash of all time. Of all time. ...Okay, I don't really think like this, but Smash 64 is so overlooked. It's not its fault that it's primitive, blocky, and ugly, after all.
  • I can't say with any certainty that I have a favorite Smash. I believe Melee has my favorite way of handling characters (Brawl and 64 feel very "heavy," if that makes sense) and my favorite Events, Brawl has a lot of characters I like as well as just sheer variety in things to do, and 64 actually has some of my favorite stages as well as that incredible creepy menu music.
  • I like characters mostly based on their design and their familiarity to me. In other words, I am unapologetically chauvinistic about my character choices and understand that nobody else probably shares my ideal roster. Nevertheless, I'm not unreasonable; I do acknowledge some choices are better for a general audience and for ideas of balance and variety. My version of Smash would probably sell seven copies, if that.
I look forward to entering this community. :) Cheers!

Morbi

Scavenger
Perhaps if I beg, you will reconsider?! Please? I have a lot of room in my autograph book, it only has one name in it, "Johnny Cage." Apparently, I am his greatest fan! :troll:

I misread your name as Kim Kardashian, not going to lie. I am going to respectfully ask that you hand me back my autograph book without desecrating it with ink. Thank you very much. :troll:

I agree with everything you stated. I am surprised, we seem to be on the same wavelength. Get your own wavelength! :troll:

I had almost forgotten. I need to give you your obligatory "Welcome to Smashboards!" Never mind... I will never give you the satisfaction!

I apologize, I am writing this out, and I realize that it is absurd and irrelevant. But I just had an energy drink for the first time in years and something has come over me. Pretend you never met me. KK, bye.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
First off, your name made me chuckle. Nice work.

I also wholeheartedly agree about Board the Platforms and the "one-size-fits-all" Target Smash modes. Correlation =/ causation, but with classic Smash 64 menu music remixed as Smash Wii U/3DS results screen music gives me hope of these modes making a return...somewhat

As for a story-like mode, hopefully some creative magic pours into the game's "Adventure" Mode.

I also find it interesting that you consider 64 & Brawl "heavy". Many people feel that way about Melee while thinking Brawl is "floaty".

Nice intro. Glad to have you here :)

Top Bottom