• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

>wake up at 1 PM as usual
>people going bonkers over sakurai showing a chrono trigger themed custom stage
>it's totally chrono gaiz!1!

View attachment 211668

Has the [ Golden Sun tweet --> fanbase going "no way! this is a hint!1!" --> isaac AT again ] taught you nothing?
Can confirm Sakurai hasn't contacted me to be in the game.

Yet.

Chrono.

Detective Pikachu is serious business to Warner Bros.
It's one of the few non Disney movie of the year with a really good chance to top charts.

They're probably going all in on the ads lol. Helps that they're going almost directly against Endgame (which they ain't gonna win against but still.)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I really hope this movie is a massive hit. I think it will be.
The Pokémon brand alone should be enough for a large turnout.

And the fact it's been getting overwhelming positive reception since the very first trailer back in November is only icing on the cake.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The entire plot of Endgame is now on the wild.
Be careful my dudes :V

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's one of the few non Disney movie of the year with a really good chance to top charts.

They're probably going all in on the ads lol. Helps that they're going almost directly against Endgame (which they ain't gonna win against but still.)
Unless Endgame manages to not do a "Haha we brought everyone back at the end" then Detective Pikachu deserves to do better than it tbh

Chrono.

Unless Endgame manages to not do a "Haha we brought everyone back at the end" then Detective Pikachu deserves to do better than it tbh
I would say the same, but Marvel is just too big rn.

That said I do think Pikachu is one of the few characters that could probably look at all of Marvel and laugh. But we'll see.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I got a GameStop coupon to use on a used game but I'm struggling to find what to spend it on.

Leaning towards a Switch game.

D

Deleted member

That said I do think Pikachu is one of the few characters that could probably look at all of Marvel and laugh. But we'll see.
Marvel may be big but are they bigger than ****ing Pikachu?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Marvel may be big but are they bigger than ****ing Pikachu?
I would agree if good Ol' Spidey didn't exist.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
????
Pretty sure Pokemon is still bigger than Spider-Man or am I missing something?
Depends on if we’re only talking about movies or in general...though either way Endgame will still make more bank than Detective Pikachu (also Spidey can never be underestimated)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Bandai hyping up a 10 second trailer GG.

I don't even get why, Jiren and Videl had full trailers. But oh well, GT Goku looks great and they actually gave him his own theme instead of reusing the old Goku's.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I mean, we already have a confirmed sequel (with trailers and everything) for Spider-Man Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 has been announced (which, unless the movie is going to focus exclusively on Rocket Raccoon, means that most if not all of them are coming back). I believe they've said that there's work being done on Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2, a Captain Marvel sequel seems inevitable, and they've announced TV shows (or rather, shows on a streaming service) based on Loki, Scarlet Witch and the Vision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

What I'm saying is, an "everybody lives" ending (or, bare minimum, undoing the Snap) seems pretty likely, all things considered.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
According to the all knowing godly source Wikipedia, Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You already know they’ll come back to life...but at the same time we’ll be losing one of the old major MCU characters who don’t have a confirmed future...will still be the bigger and better movie

Chrono.

I mean, we already have a confirmed sequel (with trailers and everything) for Spider-Man Homecoming, and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3 has been announced (which, unless the movie is going to focus exclusively on Rocket Raccoon, means that most if not all of them are coming back). I believe they've said that there's work being done on Doctor Strange 2 and Black Panther 2, a Captain Marvel sequel seems inevitable, and they've announced TV shows (or rather, shows on a streaming service) based on Loki, Scarlet Witch and the Vision, and Falcon and Winter Soldier.

What I'm saying is, an "everybody lives" ending (or, bare minimum, undoing the Snap) seems pretty likely, all things considered.
To be fair Spider-Man and the Guardians are kinda B-tier characters in-universe so its not a huge deal if we know they survive.

It's the main guys like Iron Man or Cap that everyone's worried about.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
????
Pretty sure Pokemon is still bigger than Spider-Man or am I missing something?
Spiderman has been in the limelight years before Pokemon even existed. I think there's a larger demographic of fans when you consider multiple generations of fans. For example Pikachu may be recognizable enough to older people, but only by name and look, though they may have grown up reading spiderman comics or watching multiple iterations of tv shows over decades.

D

Deleted member

Spiderman has been in the limelight years before Pokemon even existed. I think there's a larger demographic of fans when you consider multiple generations of fans. For example Pikachu may be recognizable enough to older people, but only by name and look, though they may have grown up reading spiderman comics or watching multiple iterations of tv shows over decades.
Pokemon is the biggest franchise in the whole world though. Not to say Spider-Man isn't big but you're severely overplaying its popularity while downplaying Pokemon's

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
To be fair Spider-Man and the Guardians are kinda B-tier characters in-universe so its not a huge deal if we know they survive.

It's the main guys like Iron Man or Cap that everyone's worried about.
I wouldn’t put Spidey as a B-Tier character considering it’s ****ing Spider-Man (hell he ended up stealing all the hype from Civil War due to making a simple trailer cameo...and Marvel/Disney spent years trying to get him back first...not even the rest of the gang, but their top guy the Web Head...and how more people were attached to his death than the others), so he would still be an A Tier character. B Tiers would be the tv show heroes and recurring characters if anything.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
According to the all knowing godly source Wikipedia, Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time.
isnt it weird how game freak isnt one of the top 10 biggest companies ever despite the fact that pokemon is their baby

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
isnt it weird how game freak isnt one of the top 10 biggest companies ever despite the fact that pokemon is their baby
That’s what happens when you share the ownership with two other companies

Chrono.

I wouldn’t put Spidey as a B-Tier character considering it’s ****ing Spider-Man (hell he ended up stealing all the hype from Civil War due to making a simple trailer cameo...and Marvel/Disney spent years trying to get him back first...not even the rest of the gang, but their top guy the Web Head...and how more people were attached to his death than the others), so he would still be an A Tier character. B Tiers would be the tv show heroes and recurring characters if anything.
I'm talking in-universe.

Obviously yeah, irl Spider-Man is a huge icon and probably the face of Marvel, but in the MCU storyline right now he's just a minor character. Plus you just said it yourself, Spider-Man staying dead was never in the cards after all the trouble Disney went to get him back.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm talking in-universe.

Obviously yeah, irl Spider-Man is a huge icon and probably the face of Marvel, but in the MCU storyline right now he's just a minor character. Plus you just said it yourself, Spider-Man staying dead was never in the cards after all the trouble Disney went to get him back.
I’m also talking about only the MCU

While it may seem like he’s only a minor character, he really isn’t. Everything that’s been done with him is all geared up to make him one of the top faces (alongside Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange), even managing to get more screen time and has done more than most heroes have in such a short time impressively (not even the likes of Hawkeye, Black Widow, and barely Scarlet Witch can say that)

...also Spidey was the only guy who managed to get the Infinity Gauntlet off of Thanos (even though he ended up getting it back pretty quick)...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
y'all know once MCU Dr. Octopus hits i'm gonna be over here like

1556076123534.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I hope we don’t rush towards that...or have it past a Spider-Man movie
It's either that or a redeemed hero Superior Octopus. The Superior storyline was such amazing development for a villain, and Superior Octopus puts that redeemed man through new shoes.

Plus the design looks ****ing rad.

1556076475833.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's either that or a redeemed hero Superior Octopus. The Superior storyline was such amazing development for a villain, and Superior Octopus puts that redeemed man through new shoes.

Plus the design looks ****ing rad.

View attachment 211865
They should definitely go for the Superior Octopus...and yes his designs were awesome as **** (though that applies to way too many costumes from the Spiders)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Reading the HxH manga and then I got to the end of Kurapika's flashbacks
View attachment 211034
Welp, prepare yourselves even more when reaching to the Charma Ant Arc...
Those were the three I was talking about (4th would possibly be Justice League but only for Flash...but at the same time not worth a few characters I can see in their own movies)
Also the DC series on Netflex seems to be good as well.
Just within two days I will be watching Endgame, can't wait... and I won't bring any drink when watching the movie.
The Kotaku article is oof worthy but I really hate people are using it as an excuse to do their whole "lol game journalists" **** again
Ok... But I don't know why you call it an excuse and why to "hate" them when I only heard most say that Kotaku in general are bad gaming journalists. Since Kotaku tend to post these kinds of news articles... Laura screwed up and then Kotaku apologized but really they are just doing it for clicks and not the facts...

And to TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and those who are planning to watch Endgame

I finished watching Endgame, and no not gonna spoiler but list MCU movies that you should watch before Endgame for better experience in my opinion.

Doctor Strange, Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, Thor, Thor 2, Thor 3 (semi optional) ,Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and the Wasp, and of course, Infinity War. And I will say this again, you really won't miss anything if you didn't watch Captain Marvel before Endgame, still worth a watch after you watch Endgame though.

I said I won't spoil but... If I have to explain the ending of Endgame... Just know that there's no Easter egg scenes. Once the credits roll it is safe to leave.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Welp, prepare yourselves even more when reaching to the Charma Ant Arc...

Also the DC series on Netflex seems to be good as well.
Just within two days I will be watching Endgame, can't wait... and I won't bring any drink when watching the movie.

Ok... But I don't know why you call it an excuse and why to "hate" them when I only heard most say that Kotaku in general are bad gaming journalists. Since Kotaku tend to post these kinds of news articles... Laura screwed up and then Kotaku apologized but really they are just doing it for clicks and not the facts...

And to TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 and those who are planning to watch Endgame

I finished watching Endgame, and no not gonna spoiler but list MCU movies that you should watch before Endgame for better experience in my opinion.

Doctor Strange, Avengers 1, Winter Soldier, Thor, Thor 2, Thor 3 (semi optional) ,Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man and the Wasp, and of course, Infinity War. And I will say this again, you really won't miss anything if you didn't watch Captain Marvel before Endgame, still worth a watch after you watch Endgame though.

I said I won't spoil but... If I have to explain the ending of Endgame... Just know that there's no Easter egg scenes. Once the credits roll it is safe to leave.
Shish is way past the Ant arc.

The Kurapika flashbacks were after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom