• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I liked War Games when I watched it way back when, I should probably try watching more of the early Doctor Who stuff, when I watched those early episodes about 10 years ago, the early episode collections were a lot less complete (not that they're much more complete than they are now... :laugh:)
William Hartnell's era has a lot of hit or miss episodes, but Troughton has consistently good stories in his lineup. I heard that Pertwee helps make Doctor Who into a phenomenon, and Tom Baker solidified that.

Out of the doctors in which I've seen all their tv stories, here is how I would rank the doctors (their characters only, not their stories along with them) at this point:
1. David Tennant/10
2. Peter Capaldi/12
3. Patrick Troughton/2

4. Matt Smith/11
5. Chris Eccelston/9

6. William Hartnell/1
7. Jodie Whittaker/13
8. John Hurt/War

9. Paul McGann/8

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
See, I've never seen a community as divided as MK's. Bo' Rai' Cho alone has a lot of fans and a lot of people who hate him. Same with Stryker.
MK9 Stryker is the ****. Pre-MK9 Stryker can go **** himself.

Literally the only reason I wasn't wholly pissed Stryker was cut in MKX was because of Erron Black. One of those two HAS to come back. Both preferably.

KMDP

Smash Legend
William Hartnell's era has a lot of hit or miss episodes, but Troughton has consistently good stories in his lineup. I heard that Pertwee helps make Doctor Who into a phenomenon, and Tom Baker solidified that.

Out of the doctors in which I've seen all their tv stories, here is how I would rank the doctors (their characters only, not their stories along with them) at this point:
1. David Tennant/10
2. Peter Capaldi/12
3. Patrick Troughton/2

4. Matt Smith/11
5. Chris Eccelston/9

6. William Hartnell/1
7. Jodie Whittaker/13
8. John Hurt/War

9. Paul McGann/8
That reminds me, I have to watch the most recent Special, I only caught the tail end of it because I had to go to the Bathroom.

Regarding Jodie Whittaker, I have mixed feelings about her first Season. While I like Jodie Whittaker and the main cast, there's something about the show that kind of doesn't land with me.

The most clear example I can cite (and the only one that actively stuck out to me) was the cartoonishly over-the-top "asshole" nature of the American Hotel Manager (whose name I don't care to remember or look up) in the Spider episode, That's not even getting into the fact that the writer of that episode apparently thinks a slow, painful death from asphyxiation is a preferable way to go out than a mercy kill.
I heard that Pertwee helped make Doctor Who into a phenomenon, and Tom Baker solidified that.
I guess that's true. Tom Baker is the one that everyone remembers, though he did have the longest tenure by far. Peter Davison had a tough act to follow, some (like David Tennant :laugh:) would say he did so quite well.

Speaking of other Doctors that you didn't list; among older fans, Colin Baker is considered the worst Doctor of the original set; of course, that's mostly because of the writing. The Sixth Doctor has apparently become one of the most popular among the people who read/listen to the Expanded Universe (i.e. the Novels and Audio Books), when actually given good stories, it turns out he fares quite well, funny that...

There's also the matter of what went on behind the scenes with Colin Baker, the show-runner apparently didn't like him, and was also sleeping with his wife. It's no wonder he didn't come back for the regeneration scene into Sylvester McCoy (it was after a hiatus).

Sylvester McCoy is another unpopular one (my Dad doesn't like him much, he always, and I mean always, talks about him in a negative light when reminiscing about old Doctor Who), from what I've heard, his run got increasingly dark (and well written) as the series progressed, but by the end of his seasons, it was too little, too late, and the show was cancelled.

...Of course, it probably would have gotten cancelled regardless, Michael Grade, the Controller of the BBC at the time, absolutely hated the show.

Finally; apparently, Paul McGann is apparently a pretty popular Doctor, his Novels/Audio Books being the main (if not sole) reason for said popularity (almost exactly like Colin Baker's Doctor), the short that he got during the 50th Anniversary actually gave a shout-out to his companions from those stories.
...I also want to mention that it's a little funny to me that you put Matt Smith and Patrick Troughton close together on your list, because Matt Smith based his portrayal on Troughton (specifically, he watched the Tomb of the Cybermen for research, IIRC)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Finally got around to framing at least one of the posters I had in my backlog. It has creases so I might change my mind down the road and get an unofficial print. It came from Nintendo Dream magazine (JP), but for now I like the logo in the corner and that it has Binding Blade on the backside.

I still have a Mystery of the Emblem/Genealogy poster, but I might end up throwing it out as I think the creases will be more noticeable. I love the hand drawn nature of 90's anime.

Naofumi and Raphtalia are adorable together
Episode 3 Preview is out.

Attachments

KMDP

Smash Legend
Finally got around to framing at least one of the posters I had in my backlog.
You shouldn't frame posters for the crimes you committed ---, that's no good!

I'm in a silly mood.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No one actually dies in either story modes though. Everyone minus the final boss makes it out pretty fine.
so...Snake’s *** is a nobody? Waluigi’s life was nothing? ...ALL OF THOSE ****ING R.O.B. ARMIES THAT COMMITTED SUICIDE FOR THE SAKE OF TABUU DIED AND YOU GONNA SAY NOONE ACTUALLY DIES? YOU MONSTER...YOU DONT BELONG IN THIS WORLD YOU ****ER!!!!

and scene
Boy Veggietales is getting weird.
they did do a reboot years ago, and it was placed on Netflix, and they don’t live in a kitchen 24/7 anymore...so that’s to be expected (though a Larry-Boy movie is needed like...now)
MK did the everyone is here gimmick first tho
I don’t remember Mortal Kombat having characters from different game series join together to fight when they “did the Everyone is Here” thing...cause they didn’t...Smash does that and did it first because of that. MK had it easy to bring back their characters, while Smash brought back everyone from Nintendo to even ****ing Konami

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You shouldn't frame posters for the crimes you committed ---, that's no good!
Book.png

Bye Book.png

I'm in a silly mood.
Once I finish framing my posters, I have another frame on the way, I'll probably show off some parts of my game collection at long last. :p

D

Deleted member

So um about the Eevee in my signature
His name is Sam, he's from a comic that I'm probably not allowed to say the name of, and I seriously want him in Smash
Stop judging me

KMDP

Smash Legend
My character dreamed about Ann like twice in the span of 3 days. What’s with that?
I dunno...

A not-so-subtle hint that you should raise Ann's Confidant Rank, maybe?

Maybe having Morgana sleep on you every night is causing his lust for "Lady Ann" to transfer to you via osmosis.
...Because Joker and Morgana are Amoebas, naturally.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I dunno...

A not-so-subtle hint that you should raise Ann's Confidant Rank, maybe?

Maybe having Morgana sleep on you every night is causing his lust for "Lady Ann" to transfer to you via osmosis.
...Because Joker and Morgana are Amoebas, naturally.
Ann is a rank 6.

Also Futaba is a party member but she can’t weild weapons or guns? But she can still level up?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I'm about to start Dream Drop Distance.

This is the one major KH game I never played before, so I'm pretty excited. I've heard a lot about this one, both good and bad, and I know this is where a good part of the crowd bailed on the story... but the ridiculousness of the plot is one reason why I'm into it so.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ann is a rank 6.

Also Makoto is a party member but she can’t weild weapons or guns? But she can still level up?
Did you mean Futaba?

Because Makoto uses Knuckles Dusters and Revolvers.

Futaba replaces Morgana as the party's Support, which is why she doesn't need Weapons.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you mean Futaba?

Because Makoto uses Knuckles Dusters and Revolvers.

Futaba replaces Morgana as the party's Support, which is why she doesn't need Weapons.
Sorry yeah I had Makoto on the brain. Does she not spawn ever during the summer vacation? Or was it cause I didn’t have max charm until a couple days ago(in game)?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sorry yeah I had Makoto on the brain. Does she not spawn ever during the summer vacation? Or was it cause I didn’t have max charm until a couple days ago(in game)?
I can't answer that, I'm afraid.

Because I haven't actually played the game and that's a little too specific for my breadth of knowledge.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wha- you haven’t?
I know, crazy, right? :laugh:

I watched a Let's Play when it came out, so I know the basics. I have been planning to get the game, but my funds are a little tight for that kind of thing.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Makoto should be by the school gates if you mean that you're trying to find her during summer vacation.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Snake in Mortal Kombat would be the best thing ever. Heck, even Link, if he could use Triforce Slash as a Fatality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom