• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Pays a Visit To Capcom

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nintendo has just released a video of the Nintendo Treehouse Team going to visit Capcom Studios:

Hopefully, there is more to this than meets the eye. :grin:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
TRANSFORMEEEEEEEEERS, MOORE THAN MEEETS THE EEEEYEEE

inb4 ryu in smash :p

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I was expecting someone or something coming in here and freaking out and thinking Nintendo is purchasing Capcom lol

Twewy

Smash Lord
I was expecting someone or something coming in here and freaking out and thinking Nintendo is purchasing Capcom lol
I can see it now:
"We are not developing a new Mega Man game because we can not think of anything new to do with it."

Booster

Smash Lord
My reaction to Nintendo's possible buy out of Capcom:

A mix between "Mommy please" and "Aww **** another developer restricted by the weak hardware of Nintendo platforms"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

A mix between "Mommy please" and "Aww **** another developer restricted by the weak hardware of Nintendo platforms"
Doesn't stop people from releasing games on PS3 and 360.

Personally, I would just be glad someone would be able to help Capcom.

Booster

Smash Lord
Doesn't stop people from releasing games on PS3 and 360.

Personally, I would just be glad someone would be able to help Capcom.
But 360 and PS3 are worthy of being developed on, the only game to have taken advantage of Wii U so far is a Kart Racer for kids (Don't say I hate Mario Kart 8, I bought the game for myself and I don't even own the Wii U)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
But 360 and PS3 are worthy of being developed on, the only game to have taken advantage of Wii U so far is a Kart Racer for kids (Don't say I hate Mario Kart 8, I bought the game for myself and I don't even own the Wii U)
Eh, that is just an opinion that 360 and PS3 are worthy of being developed on, nice try though.

The only reason many people are not developing for the Wii U is because the arch system type is not easy to get used to for them.

You also forgot about:

ZombiU that takes advantage of the Wii U gamepad.

Mario Kart 8 is for everyone just like most games for the Wii U, except those like Elmo's Number journey, those are the ones for the kids.

Booster

Smash Lord
Eh, that is just an opinion that 360 and PS3 are worthy of being developed on, nice try though.

The only reason many people are not developing for the Wii U is because the arch system type is not easy to get used to for them.

You also forgot about:

ZombiU that takes advantage of the Wii U gamepad.

Mario Kart 8 is for everyone just like most games for the Wii U, except those like Elmo's Number journey, those are the ones for the kids.
You may be right...but ZombiU is terrible and overall the Urban Dictionary Definition of "Meh"

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
You may be right...but ZombiU is terrible and overall the Urban Dictionary Definition of "Meh"
ZombiU may not have been that great of a game, but that does not change the fact that the Gamepad was taken advantage of in versus mode and in the game.

You could go through your inventory on the gamepad without having to pause the game. The versus mode allowed a player with the Gamepad to control the Zombies like in a Real Time Strategy game, which was pretty cool if you ask me.

The main reason tons of people don't want to develop games for the Wii U is because they are not used to doing it.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 have been around longer so that is one reason why they are used more.

Booster

Smash Lord
ZombiU may not have been that great of a game, but that does not change the fact that the Gamepad was taken advantage of in versus mode and in the game.

You could go through your inventory on the gamepad without having to pause the game. The versus mode allowed a player with the Gamepad to control the Zombies like in a Real Time Strategy game, which was pretty cool if you ask me.

The main reason tons of people don't want to develop games for the Wii U is because they are not used to doing it.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 have been around longer so that is one reason why they are used more.
Well devs say it's because the system hasn't sold enough, which would be legit if it wasn't for games like Deadrising 3 being made for systems that (currently) weren't out yet.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well devs say it's because the system hasn't sold enough, which would be legit if it wasn't for games like Deadrising 3 being made for systems that (currently) weren't out yet.
If that is their claim then why are they developing games for the Xbox One that have sold less than the Wii U? And I agree with your sentence, it doesn't make any sense really.

Booster

Smash Lord
If that is their claim then why are they developing games for the Xbox One that have sold less than the Wii U? And I agree with your sentence, it doesn't make any sense really.
Atleast we have Shovel Knight and a cool racing game with GOOD controls, Racing Games lately go for "Realistic Life Like Vehicle Physics and Controls" which translates to videogame controls worse then Ninja Bread Man, I tried to drive in Forza 3 for Xbox 360 and I literally couldn't do it, I was spinning around in circles and my friends were laughing at me. To me, Mario Kart 8 is a god send from back when racing games had real to FANTASY controls.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Atleast we have Shovel Knight and a cool racing game with GOOD controls, Racing Games lately go for "Realistic Life Like Vehicle Physics and Controls" which translates to videogame controls worse then Ninja Bread Man, I tried to drive in Forza 3 for Xbox 360 and I literally couldn't do it, I was spinning around in circles and my friends were laughing at me. To me, Mario Kart 8 is a god send from back when racing games had real to FANTASY controls.
I agree, gameplay and excitement is what makes games fun.

The only good racing game with realistic graphics are the Burnout Games, but that mainly comes from the fact that you can cause so much chaos and destruction.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
I agree, gameplay and excitement is what makes games fun.

The only racing game with realistic graphics are the Burnout Games, but that mainly comes from the fact that you can cause so much chaos and destruction.
And the controls are good too, whereas Forza makes Sonic 06 controls feel like a dream, if people want ****ty controls and "realistic" but ****ty real life physics, they should go race in a real vehicle

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie

People say stuff about Nintendo's weak hardware like it matters. Capcom's focus on multiplatform titles is one of the main things that's killing them. The power of the hardware doesn't really matter when you're not really taking advantage of it. I think console exclusivity could be the best thing for them. Capcom needs focus more than anything. Smaller teams and a larger focus on making one game for one platform will be what saves them. What they're doing now is making games for every system to please everybody. It's awful and it's crippling the industry (and the company) for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom