• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Nintendo Club ~

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I've seriously wanted to do long-term fanfiction like this. A story which combines everything I generally love about media: Nintendo, musicals, crossovers, and high-class community services. Mostly clubs which have great service, varying ways of entertainment, talented bands and delicious food, and are welcoming ANYONE as their quest.

Enter upcoming long story Nintendo Club, a collection of stories where I (hopefully) try to combine all these elements together for a bit lighthearted but entertaining package of stories, accessible for many Nintendo-fans out there. I've been interested on doing musical scenes on this too, using the Nintendo-tunes with written vocals made by myself.

Story centers on Mario Bros taking a control of a clubhouse, in order to pay a debt for their real-world rich businessman cousin, who had just passed out.
Bowser plots to foil Mario Bros's attempts on paying the debt in order to get them sended to jail for quite a long time enough to take over the Mushroom Kingdom under his evil wings.

Things are already looking complicated and troubling with the limited amount of time given to brothers for paying the debt.
In order to speed up money-gathering, Mario comes up with an idea to make his club gather up so much people as possible from many kinds of different lands and worlds. Calling up the Smash Brothers and Sisters, he creates a club which would be the most famous and phenomenally known under lucky heavens of Nintendo.™
As many kind of Nintendo's stars and characters visit a one huge club-house, Bowser gathers up his villain alliance to kick Mario back to real world for good.

Will Mario Bros and fellow smashing friends keep the club running? Or will it fall down due nasty plots of Bowser and his evil clan of villains and can Mario and co. handle the visitors' antics themselves?

I'm still looking for a beta writer before really starting to post some real chapters, but I'll put in small oneshot to give some idea how would the story be like.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
/So I started it now. This is Nintendo Club, my major crossovering fanfiction project.
For ones unknown of this, go at this topic for quick summary of what's Nintendo Club about.

Here's a first oneshot. Next one's now under work and might be complete due next weekend before polishing.

Now, for those who wonder what's with the links, they lead to certain BGM music I recommend to be played during reading this oneshot. I planned NC to be sorta like story where music is a pretty central part, breathing more life to the fiction and giving you the idea for scenarios' mood and theme. (-l<>l-)^I really enjoy writing stories while listening to music and they really aid me to describe the story's mood and premises. I hope you will experience the same "feels" I did when reading these. /

I was pumped up! Hearing that this little restaurant-like clubhouse would soon be filled with people I never imagined I’d meet, and even with Pokémon I've never gotten to see before... it’s an opportunity too sensational to leave out for a Pokémon Connoisseur!! I can already feel myself being served with a wide variety of tastes and sensations![SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Still, what's going on at the moment is very concerning to me: those two people arguing near me now- wait, can I even call them people? Because one of them is
[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]AN ANGEL[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]... and the other's a spherical fishlike creature! At least they make a mid-spicy but very unusual pair... but do I have what it takes to experience the coming unknown, completely otherworldly flavours while staying here?

Frankly... I’m starting to doubt it!
[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]- [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Cilan[/FONT][/SIZE]

- Hoshi No Kaabii TV - Glutton -

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Just as Cilan thought above a moment ago, he was watching the said creature he described and an angel boy having a somewhat unsettling conversation. Bubbles had just been accepted in the club as a waitress, but Pit still found it amusing that she was the bodyguardress of Leyla, the princess of the underwater kingdom of [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Clu Clu[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0] [/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Land. Clearly, he thought that the role of a waitress didn't go well with the highly regarded and honourable role of bodyguard that both he and Bubbles shared... but mostly he found it very hard to believe that this so-called "loopfish" would prove strong enough to protect someone with her life. Not to mention, Pit found Bubbles generally incompatible to the task of a bodyguard, with her small size and obviously harmless appearance.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Who would actually believe that you’re a bodyguard... Anyway, are you really considering devoting yourself to this job??? Perhaps if you were turned into a human by who you serve, but still, being a waitress?" he asked, leaning on the serving table near Brewster's coffee stand. Standing on a nearby seat while cleaning the table was Bubbles, who glanced with an annoyed look back at him as she arranged the dirty plates for Cilan to collect.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"What's your problem with that, anyway?” she replied sternly. “If you think it would be strange for you, then I'm fine with it. But don't mess around with me on the subject.” In her constant annoyance she didn't notice that one of the plates was falling off the table.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]But the nearest waiter reacted quickly: Cilan caught the white plate from the air before it crashed onto the ground. Calmly, he placed it on the nearest cart, which was filled with more dishes. It was a bit troublesome to watch how these two unusual people interacted with each other, despite how interesting it was. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Now isn't she quite cold for a fish...[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]" he thought, resuming his current chore. Meanwhile, his Pansage was making his way to the coffee table's lower shelves. These were filled to the brim with many exotic juices and extracts, along with spices and beverage powder cases rumored to have been brought from many foreign and very unusual countries: he was curious for some more of the tasty drinks Mama mixed some moments ago.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]- Super Paper Mario - Flipside-[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Pit, don't you know how vital waiters are for a restaurant? The work of a gracious and quick-minded waitress like Bubbles is would be certainly be appreciated by Mr. Mario," Cilan said briefly while wiping the table. "As she runs around the tables, she switches out all of the dirty dishes at once, one table at time, and arranges them on the nearest dish warp pipe. Don’t you see how well her quick movement goes along with such convenient dish transporters? If a recipe like that was used for fast food service, the restaurant would make millions in weeks! ” Cilan said with glee.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Cilan, are you "evaluating" again?" Pit muttered, giving a slight pout and looking very skeptically at the two. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The waiter just smirked back. “Also, for your information, you need quick reflexes for this job, considering how tight, action-packed and suspenseful it can be… and especially since you have to deal with 300 tables of people. As I would say, ‘[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]a huge amount of spice might not satisfy one person, but it can satisfy a group of them[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0]’[/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif], he added.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Pit jolted up. His wings went so far as to lose a few feathers in astonishment. "[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Three hundred!?[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]" he exclaimed, quickly changing his view to that of the club’s hall. Perhaps the hall could have 100 tables, if it included all five floors for the members... but 300 were impossible to envision in the club’s current state!! [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]In such disbelief, Pit started to laugh in small pauses. Bubbles traded slightly annoyed glances with Cilan. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]A-a-are you two k-k-kidding me?[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0] [/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]300 tables?[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]!” he stammered, “You know our club can't fit that many in at the moment. And even if we could actually get them all in, how can you think Bubbles would be able to keep up with the members and their food orders?!"[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]At that moment, Pansage was trying to reach some dried [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Turtley Leaf[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif], but just couldn't make it to the top of the third shelf above him. If only he knew how to pull off [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Vine Whip[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]...[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As for the angel boy's astounded question, Bubbles just smirked quickly, showing almost all of her bucktooth. She looked at the dining hall again. The red carpets on the floor and huge windows near the corridor leading to the entranceway gave it quite a refined and majestic feel. Consisting of a stage where Mario and co. would announce their events and also where musical performances would be played, the hall was spacious enough to echo if someone was alone. In addition to all of this, a huge movie screen had been installed for viewing animated entertainment like movies or cartoons based on the adventures of some heroic staff or club member. At the moment, the screen played the events of Pit fighting against his dark counterpart, reminiscent of his last adventure. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]At the front of the stage, there was a purple path leading to the eight dining levels, which people would access by the nearby staircases, much like in a movie theatre. Such a marvelous system of light entertainment and relaxation in a restaurant that also served cuisine with such high class![/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So far each dining level had three to five tables, due to recent hard work for the club, and oddly enough, there were small warp pipes near both ends of each level. Their color varied in a way pleasant to the eyes, ranging from orange to the well known green.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](Meanwhile Cilan caught his Pansage messing with the goodies- he promised to make a warm drink for everyone after a moment.)[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"I'm already working on this system with the club’s technical staff-- you see those small warp pipes near the end of each level of the dining hall?" Bubbles said, pointing on the pipes. She then explained how she would run around every table, take all the dirty dishes, and deposit them into the warp pipes. Then, she would go to the next level to take care of another round of dishes. The warp pipes would transport the plates carefully to the kitchen so the household robot [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Roll[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0] [/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]could take care of them. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"And that's what we planned: I designed it in a way suitable to my abilities. The method will improve over time so I can keep up with an ever-growing population of members, too." she added.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Surprisingly, Pit wasn't convinced. In fact, the idea looked like it would result in many broken plates... which Mario would probably forgive anyway. It would be no good. Thinking of the silly predicament made the angel boy slump his head on the table and rock it steadily, looking rather beat.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"That sounds so complicated and difficult... do you really think you can do it?" Pit wondered aloud, sounding slightly worried. To his surprise, Bubbles brightened up suddenly.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Of course I can- in fact, EVERYONE can do it! I even made a backup plan for those who aren't naturally as speedy as I am. Wait a moment." [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]With that, Bubbles sprinted off: both the waiter and the teenage angel just watched as she headed with agility to the inner kitchen room, where the storeroom was located.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"She's quite fast for a marine bodyguardress, don't you think? Makes me think of... [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]bluefin tunas[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]," Cilan remarked briefly while soaking the tea leaves in the boiling water. The young angel didn't even utter a word... there was no stopping his boiling down Bubbles' crazy plan with brain-steaming intensity. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]A few moments later, Cilan was ready with his warm Koopa Tea, with one serving spiced with a mix of dried Razz, Rawst and Cheri Berries especially for Pansage.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"There you go: it's my specially improvised berry-flavour tea! These herbs from the [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Mushroom Kingdom[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0] [/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]aren't actually all that different from ours in the end, don’t you think?" he thought aloud, proudly presenting his tray of cups. Pansage took careful hold of the handle of his cup and took a quick sip. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Oh, how his Pokémon stood there, just beaming in delight! [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"You're enjoying it?" Cilan couldn't help but pet his dear green source of happiness and pride. But even more, Cilan was impressed by the effect of the tea, having been brewed from completely unknown ingredients. Curiously, he went to taste his own serving. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Truly, this tea made him smack in contentment. Actually, despite how familiarly the leaves behaved while brewing, it seemed as though they gave out even more flavour than Cilan's taste buds could [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]handle[/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]. He must've tasted something brought totally from another dimension.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]"Why don't you try the Koopa Tea too, Pit? These leaves... they have a strong but quite balanced and likeable flavour in them- almost as though a mixed taste of salted nuts and mushrooms is absorbed in every fiber! I'm sure these are used for culinary purposes other than just making a beverage!" Cilan said enthusiastically. Now, he had an urge to spice his own serving of tea too. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Suddenly, he was startled by a loud crashing and tumbling noise coming from behind him. He quickly went to the serving table to see what it was, and looked at the other side.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]It was Pit.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]The heavy rocking had caused him to fall from the table.[/FONT][/SIZE]

/Artwork by my japanese friend Go-shogawara. It's pretty loosely based on the story but I personally think it gives a some glimpse of how the club hall looks like. (-lvl-)^
Please do check her art gallery out!/

/If pic's not fully visible, CTRL + Minus, please/

Top Bottom