• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nikki (Swapnote / Swapdoodle) for Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo Switch

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
Nikki is so cute! Allow me to support her who knows she could be the unexpected character of smash switch.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Nikki is so ****ing precious, I'm gonna support her. I've always been a fan of unexpected characters in smash (IE: Wii Fit Trainer, R.O.B, Duck Hunt, Snake)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For Nikki's unique thing, I request that she be hand drawn. In she'd have an nvisible 3D model for the attack data but she herself would be represented by hand drawn animation frames.

Will this be a butt-ton of work? Yes.
Would it be awesome? Heck yes.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It would be nice for Nikki to get some representation in Smash. She’s kind of become a mascot for Nintendo, albeit more of an underdog type.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
this feels so perfect for her. I'm so proud of nikki for making it in ^^

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
I love it. Her model is so cute.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know what? This may sound a bit...mean, but honestly? I don't even mind that she isn't playable, I'm just happy Nikki is in Smash whatsoever AND she's not simply re-using her Mii model.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm happy of this!
She wasn't in my list of wanted characters, but I always liked her, I even made a Mii of her in Smash 4.
I also like that it's not the mii and the model is based on her artworks instead.

Also this is the closest thing to my most wanted character, and it's way better than the Pictochat stage, at least Nikki has personality.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well she isn't playable but she got her own unique 3D model and that's a good consolation for me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was always on the edge of supporting since I thought they may just use her Mii Model, but this is absolutely perfect.

Just what I wanted to see used from the character, I love it.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm so in awe, I never expected an assist trophy for her! This is literally better than anything I could have seen them doing with Nikki, it's so perfect!!

The icing on the cake could be a new arrangement of the theme from Swapnote or Swapdoodle to play on Pictochat 2... We may never get the stage that was planned, but a song from the series would make up for it in spades!
- - - - -
They could also maybe make a Mii Fighter outfit for her down the line, much like they did for Ashley, Takamaru, Chrom, etc. My first guess would be a Swordfighter, because she carries a huge pencil as an Assist Trophy... But I would much prefer a Mii Gunner outfit, since that seems to be what she prefers between the three.

D

Deleted member

I like seeing such a positive reaction to a "deconfirmation" of sorts, and honestly, while I'd love to see her playable, I also love how she's implemented now.

Congrats on the assist trophy, Nikki! May your cute glasses bless us casuals evryday.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
You know what? It just hit me. Nikki's one of the few characters (if not the only one) in Ultimate who can appear as both a playable character AND as an AT at the same time.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Day 1 haha.
I use Wild West outfit because it better meshes with her outfit. I used standard in Wii U, but the look in Ultimate isn't really her style.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I use Wild West outfit because it better meshes with her outfit. I used standard in Wii U, but the look in Ultimate isn't really her style.
I do miss the standard Mii costumes. I used those for a lot of characters (like Nikki!) and the fancier more detailed suits just don't work as well with them.

... and on the subject, I'm fine with Nikki being an assist but I'd still like her as a playable character. *sigh* Maybe some day.

Top Bottom