• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nightshadow & Crimsonblade smash in!

Shadowblade2193

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowblade2193
Hey Everyone! We're Shadowblade. We're identical twins and we love smash or just gaming in general. We would like to start off telling you a bit about ourselves, our usernames and our life of gaming.

We've been gaming since we were 2 years old. This was mainly because we have and Uncle who was 9 at the time who also played games. He had a Snes, Gameboy and a Sega Megadrive (Genesis). Some of the first games we remember playing were Sonic 2, Super Metroid, Goof Troops, Killer Insticnt F-Zero and a few others. These were some great times.

Our first console we owned was an N64 for Christmas in 1997. The first games we had for it were Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing and Yoshi Story. My Uncle got the limited edition N64 GoldenEye 007 + Golden controller bundle in August of that year. Along with GoldenEye he also had Turok, F-Zero X, Zelda OoT, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing. This is when we got our tags Shadow and Blade. He gave us those names when we used to play the multiplayer on GoldenEye and Turok. I was given the name Shadow because my Uncle was really into anime at the time and he liked Shadow Skill. My Brother he named Blade because of the Blade movies. So we've used them ever since.
Because we're twins we decided to go by Shadowblade but seperately we will go by the others. Nightshadow is because I like blue,black and Crimsonblade because my brother likes red. The '2193' is just our birthday: 21st April 1993. Anyway on to smash but I hope you like the story.

We first played smash on the N64 when our Uncle got it. He mained Samus and my brother and I mained Pikachu and Mario. He also had friends come over, one of which mained Ness. We thought they were gods at the game back then and always tried to keep up but they were too good for us. We played every weekend when we went to see our Uncle and family. Now on to Melee.

Fast forward to the release of the Gamecube (May 2002 UK). We heard our Uncle got a Gamecube and we were so hyped to play on it. Little did we know there was a new smash game. So on the weekend we went over as normal to play some games with him. When we walked into his room we saw him playing Melee. We couldn't wait to play because it was completly unexpected. The hype was REAL that day. Natually we jumped back in with our mains although we did explore the rest of the cast. This was when things changed for us playing smash. We didn't get our copy of Melee until a whole year later after getting a Gamecube for our 10th birthday. Over time, we started to play more competitively. We made our own rules playing with no items, Final Destination or Battlefield and 10 stock matches. I mained Pikachu/Luigi/Young Link/Falco and my brother mained Mario/Marth/Sheik. We didn't have a scene and our Uncle stopped playing after a few years. It was just my brother and I.We new nothing of the smash world during this time until about 2006. This is mainly because we didnt have internet at home or a PC. We played Melee all the way up to the release of Brawl.

We learned more about the smash community and everything it has to offer. After Brawl was released we didn't really play Melee that much. Not because we didn't want to it's because we had more people to play Brawl with than Melee at the time. Also playing Brawl for so long we lost most of our tech skill from Melee so we just stuck to Brawl competitively. We still play both though to this day. Falco/Pikachu are my mains and Shiek/Lucario are my brother's mains in Brawl.

Well we hope you enjoyed our story of Smash. Hopefully we will meet you all in Smash 4.

Anyone wishing to interact with us more we have a Twitter @ Shadowblade2193 Shadowblade2193 and Youtube Channel xShadowblade2193x.We hope to produce more content for the smash community in the near future.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I really found this to be interesting honestly. And the fact that you're identical twins sharing this account is pretty fun.

Also, S/o to Goldeneye, Zelda OoT and Super Mario 64 especially :D

Shadowblade2193

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowblade2193
I really found this to be interesting honestly. And the fact that you're identical twins sharing this account is pretty fun.

Also, S/o to Goldeneye, Zelda OoT and Super Mario 64 especially :D
Thanks for reading. We tried to keep it short but simple and we're glad you found it interesting. We share all our accounts so you will always be speaking to one or both of us across all gaming platforms under Shadowblade2193 on Steam, PSN, Xbox Live and Nintendo Network. There was alot more we wanted to add but we didn't want it to be too much for everybody. Still we just wanted to share this with everyone. Also being twins we have many more gaming stories to keep you interested.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Thanks for reading. We tried to keep it short but simple and we're glad you found it interesting. We share all our accounts so you will always be speaking to one or both of us across all gaming platforms under Shadowblade2193 on Steam, PSN, Xbox Live and Nintendo Network. There was alot more we wanted to add but we didn't want it to be too much for everybody. Still we just wanted to share this with everyone. Also being twins we have many more gaming stories to keep you interested.
Ah, you don't have to worry about things being "too much" for people. Especially not here in the Welcome Center. Whatever you have and are willing to share, feel free. I read everything.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey Everyone! We're Shadowblade. We're identical twins and we love smash or just gaming in general. We would like to start off telling you a bit about ourselves, our usernames and our life of gaming.

We've been gaming since we were 2 years old. This was mainly because we have and Uncle who was 9 at the time who also played games. He had a Snes, Gameboy and a Sega Megadrive (Genesis). Some of the first games we remember playing were Sonic 2, Super Metroid, Goof Troops, Killer Insticnt F-Zero and a few others. These were some great times.

Our first console we owned was an N64 for Christmas in 1997. The first games we had for it were Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing and Yoshi Story. My Uncle got the limited edition N64 GoldenEye 007 + Golden controller bundle in August of that year. Along with GoldenEye he also had Turok, F-Zero X, Zelda OoT, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing. This is when we got our tags Shadow and Blade. He gave us those names when we used to play the multiplayer on GoldenEye and Turok. I was given the name Shadow because my Uncle was really into anime at the time and he liked Shadow Skill. My Brother he named Blade because of the Blade movies. So we've used them ever since.
Because we're twins we decided to go by Shadowblade but seperately we will go by the others. Nightshadow is because I like blue,black and Crimsonblade because my brother likes red. The '2193' is just our birthday: 21st April 1993. Anyway on to smash but I hope you like the story.

We first played smash on the N64 when our Uncle got it. He mained Samus and my brother and I mained Pikachu and Mario. He also had friends come over, one of which mained Ness. We thought they were gods at the game back then and always tried to keep up but they were too good for us. We played every weekend when we went to see our Uncle and family. Now on to Melee.

Fast forward to the release of the Gamecube (May 2002 UK). We heard our Uncle got a Gamecube and we were so hyped to play on it. Little did we know there was a new smash game. So on the weekend we went over as normal to play some games with him. When we walked into his room we saw him playing Melee. We couldn't wait to play because it was completly unexpected. The hype was REAL that day. Natually we jumped back in with our mains although we did explore the rest of the cast. This was when things changed for us playing smash. We didn't get our copy of Melee until a whole year later after getting a Gamecube for our 10th birthday. Over time, we started to play more competitively. We made our own rules playing with no items, Final Destination or Battlefield and 10 stock matches. I mained Pikachu/Luigi/Young Link/Falco and my brother mained Mario/Marth/Sheik. We didn't have a scene and our Uncle stopped playing after a few years. It was just my brother and I.We new nothing of the smash world during this time until about 2006. This is mainly because we didnt have internet at home or a PC. We played Melee all the way up to the release of Brawl.

We learned more about the smash community and everything it has to offer. After Brawl was released we didn't really play Melee that much. Not because we didn't want to it's because we had more people to play Brawl with than Melee at the time. Also playing Brawl for so long we lost most of our tech skill from Melee so we just stuck to Brawl competitively. We still play both though to this day. Falco/Pikachu are my mains and Shiek/Lucario are my brother's mains in Brawl.

Well we hope you enjoyed our story of Smash. Hopefully we will meet you all in Smash 4.

Anyone wishing to interact with us more we have a Twitter @ Shadowblade2193 Shadowblade2193 and Youtube Channel xShadowblade2193x.We hope to produce more content for the smash community in the near future.

Thank you for reading.
My sister and I had a similar childhood; most people believe that we are twins, obviously not identical, but we certainly share a connection. Albeit, I do not believe we started quite so early, but everything else is reminiscent of our lives. Instead of the Uncle, we had a step-father to get us into gaming, particularly the N64 where we played very similar games. Most notably Turok. I mean, every Nintendo kid has played GoldenEye, OoT, Mario 64, etc. You are one of the first Turok players that I have ever met.

Shadowblade2193

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowblade2193
My sister and I had a similar childhood; most people believe that we are twins, obviously not identical, but we certainly share a connection. Albeit, I do not believe we started quite so early, but everything else is reminiscent of our lives. Instead of the Uncle, we had a step-father to get us into gaming, particularly the N64 where we played very similar games. Most notably Turok. I mean, every Nintendo kid has played GoldenEye, OoT, Mario 64, etc. You are one of the first Turok players that I have ever met.
Ah, you don't have to worry about things being "too much" for people. Especially not here in the Welcome Center. Whatever you have and are willing to share, feel free. I read everything.
Yeah same here. We don't know anyone who's played that game besides ourselves so you know what you mean. Also we played alot of Co-op games. It's perfect because you have someone of equal skill pretty much across all games. One example would be Mario Kart: Double Dash. I (Nightshadow) Have always been better when it comes to Racing/Platform games and My brother (Crimsonblade has always been better at Fighting/Adventure games. Racing is our most favorite though. We were the unbeatable team when we played Double Dash amongst our friends because we know exactly what we wanted to do. They used to love watching us play. When it comes to Smash bros it's almost like playing against yourself. This has helped us push eachother in alot of other games. I'm sure you understand and how great it is too.

Last edited:

Shadowblade2193

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shadowblade2193
Hey you guys! I hope you two have an amazing time here!
I'm sure we will! We were gonna join the Smash Boards many years ago. We didn't because we were not very active in the online community. Although we've been playing Smash since 64 one of the main reasons for us joining now is for Smash 4 and we're alot more active online than before. We're also hoping to go to the US for Evo next year and play in the Smash tornaments.

Top Bottom