• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NG, here to going into the comp' scene !

NewGenesis

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone !

I'm Quentin, a 22 smasher from France.

The first time I played a Smash Bros game was back in 2002, with Melee. It was with cousins and as I was getting nothing at what happened in the game, I inevitably lost. Few years later, I obtained my own copy of the game. Slowly, I learned the basics, really enjoyed the game and played a lot. Finally, others games arrived and I stopped playing the game. But in 2008, the third game arrived : Brawl. Newcomers, new stages, new musics... I was very enthusiastic ! I bought the game day one, played a lot and get into a French community. I also went in a team and with friends, make it become one of the most active team of the French scene (Storm Armada). After more or less three years of activity, I stopped the game.
And then, guess what ? Last year, Nintendo announced SSB4 ! Oh my god, that epic game, again ?! Need it ! Since that, I actively followed the Smash news and am very impatient to play the new game. Since this summer, I also started again Melee, discovered Project M and I'm training with new friends almost every week.

As I said, I'm only playing Melee and Project M for the moment. I definitively abandoned Brawl after playing it again one time between two P:M match and really hopping don't playing it anymore as it's awfully slower ! However, here are my mains.

Melee
  • Samus : fan of the Metroids games, my choice was her. I really enjoyed her gameplay and she's since my main
  • Link : I also really like the Zelda games in which Link is my favorite character. I played him and his gameplay with swords attacks with good range and multiple distance possibilities charmed me
  • Marth : firstly curious with this swordsman, I tried it and liked without played any Fire Emblem game. I only played the game years later but kept it in my mains because of his good gameplay and his place in the tier list in every Smash games
Project M
  • Samus : same reason than Melee plus the new possibilities included by her ice beam which I think very interesting
  • Link : same reason than Melee
  • Marth : same reason than Melee
Sm4sh
  • Samus : I hope she won't be nerf as Brawl or I won't use she as main
  • Daraen/Robin : I'm currently playing at FE:A and am really charmed with that avatar since it's the character which look the most alike me. Moreover, he seem to be really powerful and has many interesting possibilities
  • Shulk : Even if I never played Xenoblade, this character looks very mischievous, thing that I like. His attacks seem nice and the techniques included by the Arts Monado looks really powerful
  • Link/Marth : Depending on the Sm4sh tier list, I will keep one of them if Shulk or Daraen isn't as effective in competition that I think
  • Megaman : fond of the Megaman games and especially interested by him, I will use him as a replacement for Samus, depending on both offensive power

I heard about smashboard when I was playing to Brawl but never tried the experience. Now that I want to go into the competitive scene, I think now is right moment to come here to one of the most active Smash Bros community.

I will attend tournament, of course. I will participate at most than I can. Moreover, if I can organize or help tournaments taking place, I will without hesitation. When Sm4sh 3DS will be released, I'm counting on forming my own team.

Except Super Smash Bros, I'm also a lot into music, playing guitar, saxophone and others. I'm also using a CAM (Computer Aided Music) to create songs. I'm also practicing some sports like basketball, ski or archery and I have some projects concerning computing.

I often go on the jeuxvideo.com forums. I'm also interested by the French Smash Bros communities LeFrenchMelee and also SSB4.com.

Last edited:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Welcome to the boards. I've always enjoyed using Samus myself, but lack the patience/intelligence needed to play her properly, haha.

Top Bottom