• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFL picks

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Okay, okay, I know that the closest most people here have gotten to a football is Madden 07; but hey, I figured some of you must be football fans. I'm a rabid packer fan and I think that we are the best team in the NFC for the following reasons:

1. We have the best QB in the NFC. Now don't get me wrong, Tony Romo has a lot of talent and is going to be a great QB but he's still to inconsistent. And Farve
Has the playoff experience and playing out of his mind.

2. We have the best starting CB tandem in the NFL. Champ Bailey May be a better corner, but Dre bly is too old. Harris shuts the #1 reciever down which forces the other team to throw at woodson. And when your 2nd best corner is Charles Woodson, well........

3. Our Coach is a Genius at coming up with ways to dominate other team's weaknesses.

4. we have one of the best deep threats in the NFC with Greg Jennings and Donald Driver has glue for hands. Koren Robinsonis a big play threat and James Jones has glue for hands and is big and strong.

That's My take and I'd like to hear why your team makes it.( I'm not saying GB is better than Indy or NE, So don't start yelling and whining)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I've been a Patriots fan ever since they got destroyed in the Super Bowl against Green Bay.

I don't really think I have to say much since they have beaten both Dallas and Indy when they were undefeated (and away games) and have just been absolutely dominating mediocre and sub par teams by 4o something points every week.

However, I think think the Pack and Dallas are pretty close to each other in terms of NFC dominance. Guess we'll have to wait for their matchup in the coming weeks ;)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
My early Superbowl pick is Packers and Pats. However, sports are a fickle mistress. A lot of teams that have dynamite seasons burn out just before or during playoffs (see: Buffalo Sabres last year)

I love the Packers, by the way, but I'd have to concede that the Patriots are a better team.

And in CFL news, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are at the championship this Sunday (:D) without their starting QB (:'()

Bailey

Smash Hero
I have been a Giants fan for about 7 years now since I was little and a Colts fan for about 4. I love the Colts more though. I don't see the Patriots winning this year. I don't know about the Colts though. I think the Colts are going to beat the Patriots if they play again.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Cowboys all the way, it's our return to dominance

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
No sir, this year is the second coming of Brett Favre.

As a Wisconsinite and therefore a Packer fan for life, I couldn't be happier. (well, maybe if we hadn't blown that Bears game...)

Next week is going to be a great matchup between GB and Dallas.

I really, really hate the Patriots. I just tell myself their record is a result of their massive cheating, but I know deep down they're just too good. Though if they keep running the score up, some key playmaker is bound to get injured when it isn't necessary...

I'd love to see the Pack make it back to the Super Bowl this year, but there are still a lot of games to be played between now and then.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Patriots are takin this ****!!!
There's not a doubt in my mind, especially if they get home field advantage through the playoffs (incredibly probable) and the Colts don't get completely healthy. If that happens, no one is getting close to them :)

Rushbaby

Smash Cadet
Sean Taylor is just another in a long line of terrible accidents that always happen to people who can't seperate their old life from their NFL life. My prayers go out to his team and his family.

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
Okay, okay, I know that the closest most people here have gotten to a football is Madden 07; but hey, I figured some of you must be football fans. I'm a rabid packer fan and I think that we are the best team in the NFC for the following reasons:

1. We have the best QB in the NFC. Now don't get me wrong, Tony Romo has a lot of talent and is going to be a great QB but he's still to inconsistent. And Farve
Has the playoff experience and playing out of his mind.

2. We have the best starting CB tandem in the NFL. Champ Bailey May be a better corner, but Dre bly is too old. Harris shuts the #1 reciever down which forces the other team to throw at woodson. And when your 2nd best corner is Charles Woodson, well........

3. Our Coach is a Genius at coming up with ways to dominate other team's weaknesses.

4. we have one of the best deep threats in the NFC with Greg Jennings and Donald Driver has glue for hands. Koren Robinsonis a big play threat and James Jones has glue for hands and is big and strong.

That's My take and I'd like to hear why your team makes it.( I'm not saying GB is better than Indy or NE, So don't start yelling and whining)
speak for yourself, i played football throughout high school and i might in college. but Eagles are the best. I'm disappointed in my home team Detroit though for losing 3 in a row

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed in my home team Detroit though for losing 3 in a row
You got that right. It was cool to see the Lions go 6-2, but if history repeats itself they will finish the second half 2-6 and get the last spot with an 8-8 record like they did in 1999.

My AFC and NFC playoff predicitons are:

AFC (Easiest to predict) NFC (A alot harder prediction)
1.) New England 1.) Dallas
2.) Indy 2.) Green Bay
3.) Pittsburgh 3.) Tampa Bay
4.) San Diego 4.) Seattle
5.) Jacksonville 5.) New York Giants
6.) Cleveland 6.) Minnesota Vikings

I'd like to see the Lions get in but it won't likely happen with the difficult schedule they've got left. I'm satified they improved though, hopefully it's a building block.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Sean Taylor is just another in a long line of terrible accidents that always happen to people who can't seperate their old life from their NFL life. My prayers go out to his team and his family.
Yeah you have a point but thats easier said then done.
Still, R.I.P Sean Taylor.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Right now the Ravens are doing a good job against the Patriots. Tonight might be the night guys. Also I found it touching how the 3 players on the Ravens had a nice speech with each other about Taylor

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Right now the Ravens are doing a good job against the Patriots. Tonight might be the night guys. Also I found it touching how the 3 players on the Ravens had a nice speech with each other about Taylor

Yeah they might have this the score is 24-7 right?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
The Patriots are a team of destiny. Baltimore and Philadelphia played the best games they have all season and ended up not being able to topple them. Not to say the Patriots are invincible, but they have played mediocre by their standards for the last two games with a lot of dropped passes and sloppy plays but they still have enough to take it. I have a feeling they'll break out of their lull tonight and play the Steelers full force.

I just want to see them play Miami as 14-0 v 0-14. That will be a spread for the ages.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm looking foward to the Bengals winning this season. I'm also looking foward to the Colts losing at least 10 games.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
the ravens had the worst coaching tonight.

that was painful to watch.

you know something is wrong when a pro bowler loses it like that.

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
The Patriots are a team of destiny. Baltimore and Philadelphia played the best games they have all season and ended up not being able to topple them. Not to say the Patriots are invincible, but they have played mediocre by their standards for the last two games with a lot of dropped passes and sloppy plays but they still have enough to take it. I have a feeling they'll break out of their lull tonight and play the Steelers full force.

I just want to see them play Miami as 14-0 v 0-14. That will be a spread for the ages.

Lol yeah I would love to watch that game=D

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I loved how the last kickoff was bumped up 35 yards, lol.

I was actually disappointed that the kicker missed the field goal on the kickoff, had the distance, but went right.

Gabeking

Smash Rookie
PANTHERS!!!

I have no clue why they're my favorite team lol but i've been following them since 4th grade (I'm in eighth grade now so actually, its because they were my super bowl pick back when they were against the patriots in 4th grade)

Steve Smith... need i say more?

Jon Beason (nominated rookie of the year)

Just ended their 5 game losing streak with a win over the 49ers

Yes, i no they wont make it to the playoffs this year...

Top Bottom