• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newport, KY Weekly tournaments!(Northern Kentucky)

Taso

Smash Apprentice
Over the course of the summer, Game City at Newport on the levee will be having weekly tournaments hosted by myself.

Game City's Listing at Newport on the Levee's site

Preface--Any and all rules will be subject to change as I collect information and opinions from the players. The first two or so tournaments will be mainly to find out what everyone wants.

Entry - $5
Prize - To be discussed, but for now the winner receives a $50 Game City gift card. I'm looking to get a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th prize up depending on how many players we get in later tournaments.

Days - This Monday, May 19th, Wednesday, May 28th, and each Wednesday after that.
Time - 5:30-8:00--- This is also subject to change depending on how many participants are expected for subsequent tournaments.

Rules - Double Elimination, the winner of the first match must stay the same character while the loser may choose a new character, for tie-breakers, both players may choose new characters.

The first match is to be played on Battlefield, the second match on Final Destination, and the tie-breakers are to be held on Battlefield.

All items are off- Including Smash Balls - Subject to change dependent on participant vote.

The first two matches will be 7:00 minutes and 4 stock. Tie breakers are free of time limits and are 3 stock matches.

Within the first three tournaments or so, I'll be deciding what tactics are fair game.

Ask any questions you may have here, and I'll edit a response to the original post.

There's a good chance I've forgotten something here. Thanks =)

Top Bottom