• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Marco from Metal Slug

Icedclimber

Smash Cadet
I think that Marco, from the Metal Slug series by SNK, should be and probobly will be a character for Brawl. For one, The Metal Slug Anthology is one of the planned launch titles for the Wii, showing Nintendo's partnership with SNK as strong as ever.

Marco-

A- Regular Knife attack
Over A- Headbutt
Up A- Knife up
Down A- Spin
Dash A- Quick Knife

Aerial A- Midair punch
Aerial Up A- Grenade explodes in hand (similiar to Zelda's aerial up-A)
Aerial Down A- Foot Stomp

Smash A- Strong Knife Jab
Smash Down A- Claymore explodes on ground
Smash Up A- Extremely fast knife jabs up

B- Machine gun (hold down until runs out of "ammo", similiar to Bowser's fire breath)
Over B- Throws a grenade
Down B- Plants a bomb that goes off at 5 seconds
Up B- High-Jump

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Did you know SNK is pledging allegiance to Nintendo for real this time? They are apparently going to work on a buttload of Wii games, and possibly even go all-in with Nintendo. :) :)

They are really really excited about the Wii, and hell... that classic shell would work fine with all their fighting games.

And yes, Marco would ROCK in Smash Bros. I like your moveset, but there's no Iron Mouse, Homing Missile, or Drop Bomb love :p

Tomasiarity said:
Sakurai said no real weapons, and that includes the knife (makes Marco to pass over the metal detector).
Oh yeah... Metal Slug is so cartoony, you forget about the weapons (the whole focus, for chrissake! XD). Well, bah. Maybe a SNK Fighter, then? Terry, Mai, Iori, Earthquake, Saki... they would rock. Or: Mars People XD

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
I'll pass on him, although it would be kind of cool. Shooting guns and exploding claymores doesn't fit in to well.

Playing

Smash Cadet
I love how the announcner ... "announces" the weapons and the powerups u gain. "ohhh.. BIIIG!!" and such ...

Anyways maybe there should be an announcnment to various powerups in SSBB when ya pick them up ??? Done in the same over-the-top voice like metal slug ?

D

Deleted member

I always thought Metal Slug was really cool, although his attacks might be a little graphic for Brawl. Sakurai said no real weapons, but I guess they could Falconize him.

NukeA6

Smash Master
So SNK really is with Nintendo. Makes Wii more of a buy. I hope they release KOF XI on it.

Anyway, Marco has no chance.

Icedclimber

Smash Cadet
Well, they're putting snake in it, and i think marco is much more well suited for Brawl because he is cartoony like Mario and the gang. I just think Snake will either be a horrible character or a horribly cheap character.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Icedclimber
I think that Marco, from the Metal Slug series by SNK, should be and probobly will be a character for Brawl.
I'd like to see him in Brawl too, but I don't see how you can say he probably will be.

Tomasiarity
Sakurai said no real weapons, and that includes the knife
He said no real guns. Why would he allow swords & not knives?

FlipTroopa
Did you know SNK is pledging allegiance to Nintendo for real this time? They are apparently going to work on a buttload of Wii games, and possibly even go all-in with Nintendo.
Did you know that the Metal Slug game that launched on Wii is also on PSP & PS2?

I don't see how Marco's chances are any worse then Snake's were. I still doubt he'll be in, but I think he could be.

Stryks

Smash Hero
He said no real life weapons, but sakurai stated he'll allow him to use explosives, but no guns or knifes, seriously I doubt one of snakes moves will be cutting mario throat or putting a bullet in links head, same goes with any gun-wielding character...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't see the logic in allowing swords, but not knives. And in Metal Slug you can shoot rockets and throw bombs too, so it's not just bullets. Metal Slug is way more cartoony then Metal Gear. If Snake wasn't already in the game, I'd say Marco was more likely then he was.

And, by the way, watch this video if you think Metal Slug's weapons are too realistic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zJDAz_kRQ

Look at the bullets, they aren't any more violent looking than Mario's fireballs.

Top Bottom