• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I’m guessing that Sabi is operating in Valve time now, probably?
Does that confirm Chell now?

So I finished case 4 in Phoenix Wright. Whew, it was crazy alright, probably my favorite case in the game.

Also, I heard that I should save case 5 until after clearing the rest of the trilogy. Is there a reason for this? If so, would anyone mind telling me?
Yes and it's because it was added to the DS remake as a bonus after the original came out on GBA. It also introduces a few characters that go on to be important in Ace Attorney Investigations and Apollo Justice.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
If Vergeben is correct, I believe the dispute will be between Kratos and Gerard of The Witcher.

EA doesn't have a good relationship with Nintendo, and I don't believe I see Rockstar and Riot Games on Smash.
I'd much rather Geralt than Kratos.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I don't want her to say the character, I just want to know how much is of Verge's deconfimations is/isn't true. And if its indie or a Western/Eastern Rep. Nothing more.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
I have a legitimate question- I know a lot of people are hoping fp5 is a female rep, and I can understand that- but let’s say Steve got in but Alex got in as a palette swap (or some other character with a female palette swap) would you guys still accept that or what?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well here's an idea, take a character (even a supposedly debunked one) and say what their trailer would be a bait and switch for

The Knight/Hornet: Pikmin 4
Crash Bandicoot: Retro 90's guy in Crash Suit ad
Chell: Dr. Mario HD (Chell uses portals to cheat at it)
Commander Video: NES Remix 3

Any ideas?

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
Sons has a lot of first party characters to choose from than just Kratos. Kratos would be neat but so would Kat from Gravity Rush, Ellie from TLOU, Bloodborne Hunter, among many more that are still pretty recognizable.

D

Deleted member

Sons has a lot of first party characters to choose from than just Kratos. Kratos would be neat but so would Kat from Gravity Rush, Ellie from TLOU, Bloodborne Hunter, among many more that are still pretty recognizable.
It's just the bias in this community to gravitate towards the more recognizable.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't want her to say the character, I just want to know how much is of Verge's deconfimations is/isn't true. And if its indie or a Western/Eastern Rep. Nothing more.
I don't think Sabi has ever had the information necessary to assert one of Verg's claims was false. Especially because they usually aren't.

The most that usually happens if corroboration can't be achieved is Sabi doesn't immediately imply "I knew this too".

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Well here's an idea, take a character (even a supposedly debunked one) and say what their trailer would be a bait and switch for

Any ideas?
Sans: Undertale 2 for the Nintendo Switch family of systems

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Waiting for Sabi's statement like...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Exactly this. All I want to know is whether or not the massive deconfirmation wave was accurate, I don’t want FP5 to be revealed until the VGAs.

D

Deleted member

Any ideas?
Geno: Piranha Plant’s trailer

Rayman: New Super Mario Bros

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Waiting for Sabi's statement like...
Save yourself the energy. "Incoming transmission" tweets are tantamount to a ploy for attention. When Sabi has something ready to share, it'll happen.

It might not actually settle anything, it probably won't, but at least it won't be quite as hollow as the tweet preceding it.
...presumably.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Inb4 the reason no one guessed the fighter is because we're receiving Chase McCain...

Or it could be between Geoff and Nintendo...

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I reeaaaaally don't think Sabi's gonna drop anything all that interesting.
All I want to know is how accurate Verge’s post was. If they can give something substantial about that, I’ll be satisfied.

Not expecting them to reveal FP5

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
No shade toward Sly Cooper, but I’m pretty sure that would be like if Sony got the rights to a Nintendo character for PASBR 2 and chose Ness or Pit.
Except Sly Cooper would be way easier to put in Smash than Kratos, one being a lot more cartoonish than the other.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Except Sly Cooper would be way easier to put in Smash than Kratos, one being a lot more cartoonish than the other.
By that logic, we should’ve gotten Bomberman before Snake.

The “doesn’t fit Smash” argument got destroyed a long time ago.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
The “doesn’t fit Smash” argument got destroyed a long time ago.
Fair enough
I’m not saying Kratos CAN’T make it, just saying that if I were Sakurai, and I knew I was gonna have to work on a ton of characters, I would do the easier ones first. But I guess Sakurai isn’t as lazy as me, and cares more about the fans than I would.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Shockingly, the person known for seeking attention with useless posts that don’t actually say anything continues to seek attention with useless posts that don’t actually say anything.

D

Deleted member

>It's bias for the community to go for Characters they generally know

???
And when it's someone they don't know, they welcome that character with salt. Such is the will of the majority of the Smash community.

When will we learn to be open-minded...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright well since 2015:
Cartoonish third-parties: :ultbanjokazooie:
Boring realistic-ish, human-y third-parties: :ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta1::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultken::ultjoker::ulthero::ult_terry:

Yeah I don't think it matters.

It's just the bias in this community to gravitate towards the more recognizable.
What an unfounded tactic to do after getting Sonic from Sega, Snake and Simon from Konami, Ryu and Mega Man from Capcom, Pac-Man from Namco, Joker from Atlus, Terry from SNK, Cloud and Hero from Square-Enix, and Bayonetta from a fixed ballot.

Oh and Banjo used to be a Nintendo character, not exactly comparable.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If they take it down, the surprise would probably be ruined, knowing that she told too much.
Oh **** you're right.

Nevermind then, I'll shut Sabi up any way I can. A Cease & Desist oughta do it.
So I started case 5, and here's what happened so far.

Me: Ema Skye best girl?

Ema: I'll be sixteen years old this year!

Me:
Good old Nick, always getting caught with underage girls...

Wait that came out wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom