• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newb olimar-return question

LoVer

Smash Cadet
I'm new to playing Olimar. I had heard that he is easy to gimp when he's returning, and have now experienced that first hand.

If your opponent has the ledge and you have to use the pikmin rope is that just it for ole' Olimar? Or is there some angle that will let him clear the ledge of an opponent and also grab hold?

Also, any general advice about returning would be appreciated.

Thanks

ssb_wil1

Smash Rookie
As far as I know the best thing an Olimar player could do is try to re-order the pikmin (down b) to get a purple one and throw it at the person on the edge. That will knock them off, and then you can try to chain on.

It's kinda tough (I don't do it because the people I play with don't edge hog), but as far as I know thats the only solution.

UltimateLink

Smash Apprentice
its kinda risky, but i get close the ledge and do up-air. Up-air stalls you in the air for a little and pikmin has really good range for his recovery so after the lag stops you can do B-up and still make it. Also sometimes i do suicide mission and Fair the opponent at the ledge or B-up spike him.

Top Bottom