• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Year's Resolution (yay for starting late!)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=1036]New Year's Resolution (yay for starting late!)[/drupal]

This isn't so much a blog as... well, a to-do (or to-Brawl, if you want to look at it that way) list. Over the past several months since I joined SWF, I found myself desparately isolated and pretty much went to just about anyone to talk to.

I did get advice that has made me gradually change my outlook on the game, so please note that despite my disposition, no one's advice went to waste.

I might as well encourage myself to do SOMETHING about my issues with... well, not so much Brawl as is the Brawl community. So, with that, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to repay everyone that reached out to me at some point or another. Now, I'm not Brawling everyone, but I DO want to Brawl the people that offered to help when... well, I was being a blockhead and just totally ignored'em.

Off the top of my head:

Uffe
krossjosh
illinialex24
mzinkk9

Ok, so it's not really a huge list, and I may have denied many more people. I don't guess I expect these guys/gals to find this blog, and I coulda sent PMs, but... I guess I just want to show that I'm TRYING to put myself out there this year.

As for any kind of conditions for matches and stuff, I don't really care. If one of you wants to try to teach me how tournament sets go, then go for it. If not, then don't. Again, I don't really care. The one thing I DO care about... is that I'm not shrugged off afterward. The "fighting you makes me bored" or "lol you lost to Ness hahahaha!!!!11!1" attitude just... kills it for me. I know I fail at this game, so if you're expecting something epic or challenging, then you offered to help the wrong person. I guess what you expect of me would be... the greatest way to make things go smoother.

I realize that probably half the people I listed have moved on to other great things (being board leaders, playing Melee and whatnot), so they may not be interested in helping. That's fine. I just need to know so I can cross people off my list.

And of course, if you offered to help but didn't make it, well, speak up.

As for everyone else:

Melee-ers/Break Your Brawlers: Uh, well, do whatever. You've got two "Play Melee" topics already. Make a this one a third? Ask me to Brawl Cinder?

Brawlers: Inform me of the status of the people I listed? Remind me that you offered me a match at some point and time? Random advice? Random encouragement (lol)?

On a side note (possible other topic?), Chrono Trigger has my favorite music of all time.

Top Bottom