• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Way to Grab Ledges?

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Link and I was dashing toward the ledge and while very close I did a grounded spin attack. I turned around and grabbed the ledge and killed somebody. I checked and it's easier to do with Young Link, but this is amazing and I am practicing right now.

squirrels4ev

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think it's not used enough. When you're close to ledge and facing it without a bomb it's faster than moonwalking or any kind of boomerang/bow SH turnaround ledgegrabs. I really like it against Fox if you can ever get him below the stage or near the edge because it allows you to force him below the stage by clipping him with up-B if he's near the edge and once below the stage you can drop-off bair him which can't be teched because it pushes him away from the stage and is invincible (because of the ledge grab), thus you can't get messed up by Fox's up-B hitboxes.

Thor

Smash Champion
If you mess this up you either don't grab ledge or just straight up die [maybe it's PM only but I saw a Link player overshoot the ledge XD]. It's also super laggy, whereas Bowser's up+B is actually pretty low on endlag.

I don't do this much because I either will just grab ledge and punish onstage landings if it would kill [vs say Sheik, Marth, and Falcon], or because I'd rather watch them die. Sure it looks cool, but if grabbing ledge is what I need, I'd rather just line up for that over missing and now being stuck in an 80 frame animation [or whatever it is].

I think it has potential for edgeguarding spacies [you grab ledge to prepare to cover the up+B while doing this to cover a side+b - if timed well, they get hit if they side+b but you still have plenty of time to get off the ledge to cover their up+b], but that's pretty situational in my opinion, and I'd rather just read their option by covering side+b with rang or bomb and preparing to either followup after rang/bomb connects [if things go well] or get ready to nair/dair/up+b the Fire Fox/Fire Bird.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Im lovin this. Gotta start practicing XD It seems nice cuz you cant get punished after the up B ends?

Top Bottom