• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

( NEW: WARIO & PIT ) Moveset Changes from Brawl to SSB4 [ Series ]

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
I've started a video series that illustrates the differences and changes characters have undergone from the transition from Brawl to Smash 4. These take a huge time investment and work to create, but hey, that's what I do.

So here you go!

There will be new videos in this series posted until the entire veteran roster is complete -- so check back! Let me know in the comments what character you'd like me to do next.

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmm1joZm6wUWL2rz-hMqDK9l_DcSzX7mm

Pit

Wario

Ike

Mr. Game and Watch

Donkey Kong

Toon Link

Ganondorf

Peach

Kirby

Luigi

Samus

Sheik

DeDeDe

Diddy

Marth

Zelda

Bowser

Mario

Link

Pikachu

Last edited:

Conda

Finished another video in the series - Diddy! Added to the list in the OP above. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The videos would be a lot better if both the Brawl and Smash4 clips were started at the same time for each individual move.

Last edited:

Conda

The videos would be a lot better if both the Brawl and Smash4 clips were started at the same time for each individual move.
That's actually exactly what I plan to do once the Wii U version drops, as I can get much better footage from it and it'd be worth the tons of extra work. :)

Conda

This look cool thanks!
Thanks, more are coming each day. Planning on also doing a Lucina Marth comparison video too in this style, but these 'moveset comparison' videos take a long time to create, editing-wise and shooting-wise. Thanks for the support, love helping the community out.

Dr_Falchion

Smash Cadet
Could you, at least for future releases, include the characters using their throws against another character. That would help to make it a little more complete. The videos are still good though.

Conda

I've added Sheik and also a link to the playlist, for easier viewing. :)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Aw, sad to see that Kirby isn't done yet. He's appeared in all of the intros next to Mario, Link, and Pikachu, so I expected him to have more priority over others. Hopefully he's done soon, though! It's really great you're doing these.

Conda

Newly finished: Kirby!

Last edited:

Conda

I think that the rest of the cast's buffs and general strength leave Kirby a very conservatively-designed character with not much 'special ability' to pressure opponents. Kind of a less mobile jiggly or Mario with multiple jumps, in a way. Kirby with specials, I've heard, is a much more interesting and able fighter in this climate.

Last edited:

Conda

Ganondorf added. HAPPY HALLOWEEN, evil wizards!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
So Ganondorf IS slightly faster overall in Smash 4. I thought my eyes were just messing with me at first, but it appears that Warlock Punch comes out a couple frames earlier, if not more.

Zork

Smash Apprentice
These videos are good to get an idea of the basic movesets between the two games so nice work.

But they don't tell you some of the more significant differences such as what moves could be autocancelled previously in short hops that now cannot and vice verse.

Last edited:

Conda

These videos are good to get an idea of the basic movesets between the two games so nice work.
Thanks, that's the purpose of the videos.

Toon Link just added!

Conda

WARIO and PIT added to OP. Hard at work before the Wii U release.

Top Bottom