• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Villager Advanced Technique - AquaPlaning

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Firstly, pacman has the advantage against Shulk in that matchup.
Now onto villager.
Aerial advantage yes, but you lose the ground game hard. Anyone can clash with the pellet so villager isn't special, on that part. We can just point it away from you, or start it fast. If you hit it while we are eating the dots, we still travel the distance. And you have to be quick or you get hit by the super armor at the end.
Pacman shuts down villager's lloid hand with hydrant and side B. The pellet on side B destroys the lloid rocket, and then falls so that we can eat it and heal. Hydrant takes the damage from lloid for us, then we can launch it with only a fair or ftilt. Also, we beat you in the air in CQC because our nair and fair outspeed all of your aerials.
I wouldn't pocket side b, I just slingshot it and pacman falls, then I fall with him and pocket the trampoline o3o

Also pretty sure Villager' nair and dair/uair are just as fast o.o

XD

But if you want we can play sometime to find out.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Well when we do, you better have pinpoint aim bro :smirk:
http://pastebin.com/NJ4Q5PzU
Overall, our frame data is better
Don't you know of the fabled Smashville Sniper? :4villager:
It seems that few of you have fought good pac-man mains. I actually want to challenge some of you. This matchup is always a good mind game for both sides.
This technique seems awesome for doubles however.
Do you do 3DS? If so I would love to see what a good Pacman does firsthand.

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Pacman does not beat Villager.
Grats, you've been playing villagers that are unable to adapt and realize that pacman's Nair goes through fair and bair.
Side B as PAC isn't even a viable press 90% of the time, its unsafe and we have no need to slingshot it, we can punish it any way we want by shielding it, we can gimp you when the animation is over, or a well placed lloid catches you after you hit power pellet.
Our tilts outrange yours, the only point you could make is dtilt. Even then, that's a stretch.
Furthermore Hydrant pocketing and trampoline pocketing as well, just adding to our zone game as if pacman could deal with a good villagers zone in the first place.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans This thread has turned into a Villager vs Pac Man MU thread and I can't report all the posts here soo...

Come on guys... stay on topic. Discuss the technique. Otherwise, consider this your warning, and any posts after this about Villager vs Pac-Man are gonna get an infraction. Take it to the MU thread; its there for a reason.

That being said, @ Nu~ Nu~ , simple frames aren't everything. Palutena's jab isn't the best in terms of frames, but in practice its one of the best jabs in the game. So... make of that what you will :smirk:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Come on guys... stay on topic. Discuss the technique. Otherwise, consider this your warning, and any posts after this about Villager vs Pac-Man are gonna get an infraction. Take it to the MU thread; its there for a reason.

That being said, @ Nu~ Nu~ , simple frames aren't everything. Palutena's jab isn't the best in terms of frames, but in practice its one of the best jabs in the game. So... make of that what you will :smirk:
Of course I know that lol
But you still don't know all the tricks we have cooked up
But you're safe for now...:demon:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
LMAO love this.

This matchup got more interesting.

officialsticktendo

Smash Rookie
NNID
sticktendo
Lol I remember doing this the other day against my friend's Pacman. The interesting thing about this though is that if you pocket the hydrant from Pacman, you can pocket the water that come out of it (you can't repocket the hydrant unless it's launched first). So generally it's better to pocket the hydrant so you can have that more on-call.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Why isn't it called Hydroplaning? That's my question.

Also, this does look like a good way to close in on him. I like it.

Top Bottom