• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos, VS Fox AND Sheik =] 2/26/06

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well....Since my other thread was turned into a huge character matchup discussion, I hope you guys don't mind me making a new thread. Just got some new videos. It's a 2 out of 3 set. Anyways, watch and enjoy. Critique is always welcome.

***VS Fox***

Match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b_-SCevDqw

Match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m34LG38OLEY

Match 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYt6O8sD6M8

***VS Shiek***

Match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmhK0JKF4JU

Match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fer2QSR2QIo

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Wow, nice work ADHD I really enjoyed the match (i only watched the first) sorry im lazy right now. However there are a few things that i would just like to point out. Perhaps you caould try and use Uthrow to Shadowclaw at low percents to rack up damage, idk it seemed to me that the fox you were playing seemed to Di with your back throws lolz. You cannot always hope for that good luck but anyway good job on capitalizing on his mistake. Your edgeguarding looked good. Remeber always try and get the kills on the edge especially against the space animals. Because one they come back on it can sometimes be hard to get them off again. I really enjoyed your teck chasing especially when you did it like 3+ times with D-throw, however there is something I would like to point out. if the fox player is just going to lay there d-tilt him to a grab or a F-tilt to get him off the stage. I noticed that you would shield the drill shines and then try and shield grab hopeing that fox would miss the lcancle. Well I think that all mewtwo players find this difficult and you have to rely on chance and hope that fox somehow misses the L-cancle. As you have probably noticed it sometimes isn't convienent. So i am just going to give you two bit's of advice that seem to help me in this situation.
1. Light shield, if you lightly hold down the shield m2 will just "slide" away from fox and you have no worries about the shine, the only problem with this is that counterattack is sometimes hard to pull off...
2. Try and see the Drill shine coming and try to out space him. This is definatly a hard thing to master (i don't think that anyone can do it consistantly)
Anyway that is just my own two cents worth I hope it helps and if it doesn't thanks for posting the great matches. Good luck and keep practicing!

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Youtube seems to not be working for me at the moment. I will definitely watch and comment on these later. Question LavaG, what do you use to record your matches?

quak

Smash Champion
alright, watched the first match of each matchup, i'll give ya some helpful (hopefully) tips (sorry don't got too much time to watch :()

against the fox, you should play faster, alot faster. You've got to compete with that characters speed and really pressurize/fluster him to get some combos in. The fox wasn't that good, but even so, you should work on you comboing skill a little. At the start of the match you backthrew instead of upthrowing, upthrows at that low of a percent can lead into many combo starters, such as an upair, fair, or even a sbcc if you're bold. But fair comboing should be very familiar and easy to do on a fox, just practice chaining them.

I like how im not the only one that tries to pull off that kill you did at the end with mewtwo against unsuspecting players, but since he wasn't wiggling, it wasn't nearly as effective. If they wiggle furiously out of it, sometimes they accidentally fastfall, and since they are stunned, they die or plummet to far to recover. Nothing to improve on, just some info.

Bottom line against fox: Comboing with the fair, and speed

Now for the sheik matchup. Ooh, you took some heavy hits in the begining putting you down a bit, but man did you really put the heat on him. I could tell he had no idea what the hell to do, and your comboing and speed showed pretty well. Personally, i love this matchup, dair --> fair works so well, along with shuffl'd uairs. Unfortuanatly, the sheik wasn't that good either, he didn't DI your d-tilts, even when you repeateded them 5 or 6 times.

Things you have to watch out for while playing sheik: needles, tilts, upairs.

You got needled pretty bad, use the platforms to try and evade them rather than just trying to teleport to him, he threw another needle to punish you for it, but it could've ended worse with something like a d-smash. Another thing you can do is sheild-wavedashing, but timing may be difficult to do, just practice it, it comes useful when try to approach projectile spammers on FD.

Tilts- DI away and mash a fair with the c--stick at the same time. the more tilts you take, the farther you'll get knocked with her fair, and on a stage like yoshi's story, it doesn't take too much to kill you. Croutch cancel if you can, but at higher percentages, do said above.

Upair- For future referance cause he didn't throw out any this game, but he will once he figures it out. You die from these, so don't get hit by em, airdodge or teleport, whatever it takes to get back on the ground.

Bottom line for sheik: Nice match, good pressure, good speed, good win.

Good job dude, your getting better, keep progressing and keep posting vids. And see if you can't find some better opponents to slap around :)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I finished watching all of them.

First of all, let me begin by saying that once again, I am highly impressed with your Mewtwo skills. Your control and style of play are excellent and show that you have really put some time into the character.

Quak hit the nail on the head with a ton of good points. Allow me to add by saying a few things.

Do not try and grab a Fox out of a drill shine. If the Fox is going to drill shine, your best bet is to avoid the attack completely rather than to risk a shield grab. I find that wave dashing out of the way and countering with a quick neutral air usually does the trick against drill shining. Also, as Quak has said, try and go faster. Wave dash everything and keep the pressure extremely high. Match the Fox in his pace, go faster if you can.

Your match with the Sheik was also impressive. You did seem to have some trouble early on in the first match, but you made an impressive comeback. Definitely try and avoid the needles when possible. The damage may be small, but every percent you avoid is something in your favor. Sheik's fair is highly dangerous. That should probably your number one priority move to look out for.

I noticed at one point that when a character was lying on the ground, you stood there letting it lay there. I recommend wave dashing right on top of the character, and then shielding. That way, if the character pushes an attack button to get up, you can shield grab him. If the enemy moves in either direction to get up, you can most likely wave dash out of shield and grab them.

Great Mewtwo man. I love to see these kinds of videos. Keep it up. :cool:

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
why are there so many critics... this guy doesnt need criticing =p

wowzers, your mewtwo is becoming so unique and original.

i love how you use fair to trade hits when you are in an inescapable combo.
some of your combos are just too funny and they work too.

the only thing i would put regards on are those rising nairs or fairs that you use when recovering. you use them well with very good spacing. but in an analytic point of view, they put you in a fragile position.

and .... thankyou for sharing, i enjoyed them very much.
i found many things that i wouldnt have thought of doing.

your videos enforce my point of view that mewtwo vs fox is a very enjoyable matchup.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
The throw kill at the very end of the first vs Fox video is awesome, hahah. Everyone has said everything I was going to say.

Top Bottom