• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the community =]

qpMONKEYMIKEqp

Smash Cadet
Hello smashboards I'm a long time smasher first time poster :substitute:

Iv played smash since it came out but never competitively. This year i have been playing smash a bunch. At least once a week i have 2 - 8 friends over at my house playing any one of the smash games (my favorite is probably projectM). What made me want to join smashboards and try to get into tournaments was "The smash brothers" I didn't know about this community and if i did i would have joined a LONG time ago!!!

I don't look to play 64 competitively but all the others i am interested in.

Melee main would have to be Peach! always a favorite for me =]. Also i love Yoshi. My friends hate my Yoshi but i feel that i'm not that good with i'm. If i was more confident with him i would always main Yoshi!

Brawl and Project M mains are hard for me to choose because i like so many characters but the first 3 are my go to characters.
Brawl mains are Peach, Diddy, Mario, and Olimar(kinda). Again Yoshi is probably my favorite character. :yoshi2:
Project M mains are Peach, Mario, Ivysaur, ness(when playing sonic). And i probably don't need to say :yoshi:. I wish i didn't kill myself with squirtle so much because squirtle is fun!

Smash 4 i am most excited to play yoshi and bowser with their new looks they look like they are improved. Also out of the newcomers Rosalina:rosalina: is the one im most excited to play because i feel she will be good. i dont think i will try and main megaman or greninja but i am pumped to see them in here! I will be getting both 3ds and wii u versions. Im going to buy a wii u just for smash...

I am big on research and looking into character info. i love watching streams and videos of the pros. ADHD has completely changed my Diddy game! Also Denti's Ivysaur is amazing! Jewchains is a player i love to watch and has made me want to main squirtle, Its nice knowing he SD's like i do =P.

I am going to a local tournament this Saturday for melee and project M with my cousin and a friend. My friend and I have been practicing and are extremely excited for our first tournament outside of our group of friends. Of course i am expecting to do good but i hope i will get some stiff competition so i cam improve. We are the best in our group of friends but that really means nothing when you haven't tested yourself against others.

Thanks for reading my post and hope to play you soon!

P.S. if anyone wants to give me some advice for my characters, practice, or this tournament please let me know! I want to become a better smash and resource to the community.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Welcome to SWF :)

It's good to see that you are deciding to get into the competitive scene; and also nice that you are getting some practice in with your friends. The hype is real in a room with a bunch of people. Awesome that you main Peach in PM, she's definitely my favorite/best character to play in both Melee and PM; and I know someone who would be happy to see that you main Ivy as well.

If you have not already found it, you can check out the various character boards for both Project M and Melee. Ask questions or even simply read up on some of the stickied guides, you may just learn something new.

Good luck at your tournament, and hope you enjoy your stay here~

qpMONKEYMIKEqp

Smash Cadet
Welcome to SWF :)

It's good to see that you are deciding to get into the competitive scene; and also nice that you are getting some practice in with your friends. The hype is real in a room with a bunch of people. Awesome that you main Peach in PM, she's definitely my favorite/best character to play in both Melee and PM; and I know someone who would be happy to see that you main Ivy as well.

If you have not already found it, you can check out the various character boards for both Project M and Melee. Ask questions or even simply read up on some of the stickied guides, you may just learn something new.

Good luck at your tournament, and hope you enjoy your stay here~

Thanks! and i have looked at some of the characters boards. I like the frame data it really helps you visualize the attacks. Also it awesome hearing some people that main a character hard core talk about them. I also like looking into characters i have hard match ups against better think of how i am going to handle them next time.

And a room full of your friends that are all yelling at the tv when something nuts happens is the best :p

Top Bottom