• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new to smashboards.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
been arround the net for a while, so standard rules aren't new to me. in all honesty, i'm hoping to get good enough to break into the competetive smash community for smash 4. in all honesty, melee was too tough for me to get into competetively, and brawl just didn't feel right to me. both were fun, but smash 4 looks to be my sweet spot. don't have a specific main yet, but i'm hoping to see more of palutena in action, and i really liked lucario in brawl.

on a lighter side, the reason i picked the name i did, is because i like my cheese the same way i like my swords: SHARP! LOL!

hope to have fun and fights (smash bros only plz) here.

Morbi

Scavenger
been arround the net for a while, so standard rules aren't new to me. in all honesty, i'm hoping to get good enough to break into the competetive smash community for smash 4. in all honesty, melee was too tough for me to get into competetively, and brawl just didn't feel right to me. both were fun, but smash 4 looks to be my sweet spot. don't have a specific main yet, but i'm hoping to see more of palutena in action, and i really liked lucario in brawl.

on a lighter side, the reason i picked the name i did, is because i like my cheese the same way i like my swords: SHARP! LOL!

hope to have fun and fights (smash bros only plz) here.
Is it bad that I laughed at that joke?! :shades:

I feel the same way, however. Melee was far too technical for me and Brawl's meta-game was too defensive, thus making it less enjoyable. Smash 4 is seemingly the bridge between the gaps. I am waiting to see if it is my cup of tea before dedicating myself to competitive Smash.

Only Smash Brothers fights? You too scared to fight me IRL, bro? :troll:

Regardless, welcome to Smashboards. I hope that you enjoy your stay as much as I wish I enjoyed mine!

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
well, the main thing about brawl, was the tripping. for me anyway. that and the characters i liked usualy ended up being low tier or hard to use well. the online wasn't that great either.

and i say usualy, because sonic was low tier, ganondorf was low tier, lucario wasn't very high (iirc. haven't checked lately) and snake, although top tier, was a little hard to use effectively due to the need to be so precise and careful with him.

at the end of the day, if i still can't get into the game at the competetive level, they've always been fun, so i have that either way.

and i'll have you know sir, that i'd gladly take you on IRL... if i wasn't afraid of getting hit in the face! LOL!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You honestly probably gave one of the best explanations for the meaning of your username in the history of Smashboards :laugh:

And you are not alone regarding your feelings about Smash 4. During the time I was playing it, I was too young to really get into the technical side of Melee...well, mainly too young to actually care about being a competitor in the game. By the time I actually started somewhat caring about taking the gaming experience to the next level, I had stopped playing Melee. When Brawl came out, I definitely didn't get that same feeling of excitement from it. It was fun with items on, but when they went off, things were just pretty...dull I guess. I am seeing a lot of promising things with Smash 4 though so I'm pretty hype for it. Smash 4 will most likely receive the most play time out of any Smash game I've experienced. This doesn't just go for the console version either. I'm really excited about playing Smash Bros. on-the-go. Same fun I've always enjoyed, just a whole new experience.

I hope you enjoy your stay at Smashboards cheddarsword. With that name, you better be active, otherwise some people trying to register will be pretty ticked at you for not using your account with such a nice name they could've chosen for themselves! :troll:

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
You honestly probably gave one of the best explanations for the meaning of your username in the history of Smashboards :laugh:

And you are not alone regarding your feelings about Smash 4. During the time I was playing it, I was too young to really get into the technical side of Melee...well, mainly too young to actually care about being a competitor in the game. By the time I actually started somewhat caring about taking the gaming experience to the next level, I had stopped playing Melee. When Brawl came out, I definitely didn't get that same feeling of excitement from it. It was fun with items on, but when they went off, things were just pretty...dull I guess. I am seeing a lot of promising things with Smash 4 though so I'm pretty hype for it. Smash 4 will most likely receive the most play time out of any Smash game I've experienced. This doesn't just go for the console version either. I'm really excited about playing Smash Bros. on-the-go. Same fun I've always enjoyed, just a whole new experience.

I hope you enjoy your stay at Smashboards cheddarsword. With that name, you better be active, otherwise some people trying to register will be pretty ticked at you for not using your account with such a nice name they could've chosen for themselves! :troll:
hah! yeah, i intend to be active. i thought the name also had a nice ring to it, besides just being funny. i had another one in mind (not saying what it was incase i want it later) but it just didn't seem easy to say.

and i was originaly going to get the 3ds version as well, but after thinking about it, it just doesn't seem capable of capturing the console versions experience.

that aside, i would love the idea of a handheld smash, and i still might get it for what it is, but right now, i'm more focussed on the wii u version.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
and i was originaly going to get the 3ds version as well, but after thinking about it, it just doesn't seem capable of capturing the console versions experience.

that aside, i would love the idea of a handheld smash, and i still might get it for what it is, but right now, i'm more focussed on the wii u version.
When the Wii U version is out, that'll be my version of preference as well (only natural). However, during the times where I'm unable to play on the console, I'll have the handheld version to continue playing. Although the feel will be different, the most important aspects for me should remain the same, which is another reason why I'm fond of it. Plus, I'm interested in how the two versions will interact with one another.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
When the Wii U version is out, that'll be my version of preference as well (only natural). However, during the times where I'm unable to play on the console, I'll have the handheld version to continue playing. Although the feel will be different, the most important aspects for me should remain the same, which is another reason why I'm fond of it. Plus, I'm interested in how the two versions will interact with one another.
good point. but since hyrule warriors comes out in america so close to the 3ds release, i'll probably still be playing that at the time it comes out. i might get it, but then i'd almost feel like i ruined the wii u experience. i guess we'll see how it plays out when the time comes.

as of right now, i am smashless. i was bored with brawl, and i was discouraged with melee, so i sold them. as well as smash 64. don't worry though. i'm not a fan of PSASBR! in my honest oppinion, the best... are they called "smashlikes"? the best i've played so far, aside from a certain flash game, is TMNT Smash Up. i wouldn't mind finding the wii version of that again.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
good point. but since hyrule warriors comes out in america so close to the 3ds release, i'll probably still be playing that at the time it comes out. i might get it, but then i'd almost feel like i ruined the wii u experience. i guess we'll see how it plays out when the time comes.

as of right now, i am smashless. i was bored with brawl, and i was discouraged with melee, so i sold them. as well as smash 64. don't worry though. i'm not a fan of PSASBR! in my honest oppinion, the best... are they called "smashlikes"? the best i've played so far, aside from a certain flash game, is TMNT Smash Up. i wouldn't mind finding the wii version of that again.
Although I have the Smash games, I really haven't been playing much. I just pass the time watching anime, playing other games, and doing other things. If anything, I play PM on occasions with friends, but since I'm not interested in participating in events at the moment with any Smash title, I don't see a need to put forth much effort into it. Just waiting until Smash 4 release is all.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
that's me. i picked up xenoblade and i've been playing that (it's pretty good actually) along with shovel knight and some ps3 games. that, and hunting down news on this and hyrule warriors like a rabid dog. LOL!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Xenoblade is wonderful, glad you're enjoying it. Alongside from Robin (thankfully s/he got confirmed), Shulk is my most wanted newcomer, and I'm pretty confident that he'll be a playable character.

But yeah, I'm all over the web trying to gather the latest news on the games I'm looking out for. There's too many. I've been trying to throw Nintendo and Sony all of my money, but they're not taking it yet.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
me too. i was hoping for a new ratchet game, but all they're doing is remaking the first one. not that interesting to me.

and yes, i'm enjoying xenoblade. i'm having trouble staying on par with the enemies though. need to grind some levels. it'd be nice if the mechons weren't such a pain to deal with. and that voice acting. love it! and i seriously hope shulk is in. he'd be fun as heck!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Speaking of Ratchet, I've actually been in the mood to go back and play the older Ratchet & Clank games. So many memories.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
you could get the collection. i did. it's great, except for some cutscenes... ps2 doesn't always play nice on ps3. gameplay wise though, it's spot on.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Sounds like I'd need to dig up my PS3...only Sony console around me at the moment is a PS4.

Last edited:

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
not a bad idea. better than buying a failing ps2, getting a controller that's been through the mill, and hunting the games down individually.

loved my ps2, but after some time, they're worse than an old model xbox 360.

at any rate, if you do, enjoy the ratchets! oh yeah, i forgot to mention, the online multiplayer in Up Your Arsenal actually works. just expect to get owned easily. same goes for deadlocked, but you have to download that one separately from the collection. it's online doesn't seem as active though.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Interesting. I remember not being a fan of online multiplayer in Up Your Arsenal back in the day :laugh: Had fun playing with my friend in Deadlocked though.

cheddarsword

Smash Cadet
the online multiplayer is kind of broken really. the battles can be hopelessly lopsided, since uneven teams can be formed, and maybe it's me, but players just seem to run arround and when they get remotely close to you, no matter how hard you try, they'll take you down. it's honestly wierd. and that goes for deadlocked too. almost seems like it'd be more fun to put everyone on the same team and send them on co-op missions instead.

Top Bottom