• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to smash. Tournament in 1 week. I stream.

CherubiKnighT

"KnighT Of Mystery" CherubiKnighT
NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Hey guys!

I am CherubiKnighT. I am playing sm4sh and project M. My main is marth for project M and my main is Lucina for sm4sh. I have only been playing for about 1 week and I have an upcoming tournament that is going to be streamed as well. I am practicing everyday as hard as I can to at the very least not get destroyed the first 2 games and get sent out like a scrub-a-dub. Yea it might happen but I am extremely competitive and keeping up with a lot of great players from SMASHLADDERS.com. They all have really helped me.

I am a bit weird about how I do things which is why I only pick Marth. Also I think Lucina is perfection LOL. So I will be wearing Marth esc Lucina mask cosplay to the tournaments I participate in. I also stream as well. CherubiKnighT on twitch.tv. If any of you would like to spar and practice please add me on smashladders as well. (CherubiKnighT) Thank you all so much for letting me be here. This community is something special and I am glad to be apart of it. I stream everyday and practice everyday so be sure to toon in and play me as I stream. Hope to see you around.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Ohh that would be so great if my network wouldn't be a total cruddy trash. I barely can join or be joined. I practice online at random in for glory but not much. So i'm stuck with cpus has I have no friends locally who play Smash. It's sad but I'm forced to not improve. I hope you get good at the tourney and place high. Good Luck. Oh and of course our community welcomes you. Anyone being a pro for other pros a noob for other starters a casual for those for fun or a mild competitive player for the general fighters is welcome to our boards. Everyone is important so everybody contribute what little to big they can. Hope you can settle well within us. Have fun!

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Ohh that would be so great if my network wouldn't be a total cruddy trash. I barely can join or be joined. I practice online at random in for glory but not much. So i'm stuck with cpus has I have no friends locally who play Smash. It's sad but I'm forced to not improve. I hope you get good at the tourney and place high. Good Luck. Oh and of course our community welcomes you. Anyone being a pro for other pros a noob for other starters a casual for those for fun or a mild competitive player for the general fighters is welcome to our boards. Everyone is important so everybody contribute what little to big they can. Hope you can settle well within us. Have fun!
Ha! Thanks so much man! You are the best! Glad to be apart of this.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Definitely share your cosplay pictures, I've thought about doing similar for fun, but I certainly don't have the right build for Ganondorf huehue. Maybe I'd just go with a Captain Falcon helmet and shades for the lols. I'm all for your idea, props if you can pull off some nice game play as well. Perhaps save that moment for tournament number two so you can really make a splash. I assume first tourney jitters are enough as it is, throwing in cosplay, woo boy... that's some guts.

Either way, welcome to the boards and wish you the best.

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Definitely share your cosplay pictures, I've thought about doing similar for fun, but I certainly don't have the right build for Ganondorf huehue. Maybe I'd just go with a Captain Falcon helmet and shades for the lols. I'm all for your idea, props if you can pull off some nice game play as well. Perhaps save that moment for tournament number two so you can really make a splash. I assume first tourney jitters are enough as it is, throwing in cosplay, woo boy... that's some guts.

Either way, welcome to the boards and wish you the best.
:D HELL YEA!!!

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Hey you joined on Saturday with the tourney ready in a week. It's Friday! How's it gone for training? Are you ready? Remember i'm rooting for you. You gotta win for me.
Nice friendly follow up :D
Win/lose just make sure you're having fun and learning.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Well it's Saturday! Tourney time! Good Luck Cherubi. And like Wiley said once. Be sure you have a friend with phone in hand or have someone with your phone help you since I also want to see the cosplay you do. Also go there for the big win in mind. Always go positive even if you are bound to lose in the first round. Someone said to me they respected my decision to an online tourney I went Maining Zelda and the person said; "I respect your opinion for sticking with your character even if the odds are against you. Good Luck" After I had unofficially played with a player that was in the tourney and he beat me easily 3 times in a row with Little mac. But I never backed down. I have bad connection and I was disqualified because the other contestants could not join my game to fight but I went and tried as best as I could to connect until disqualification was given to me. I tried because even with the odds against me I was not giving up. I was determined to fight. I say this because I believe in you and you will do good. even if it could be like it could have been me dying in the first round lol but you must not give up. You can't expect to be perfect on something you do for the first time. Bring the results once you are done. You go Cherubi! Bring back some small wins or the BIG win!

Last edited:

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
@ CherubiKnighT CherubiKnighT

Oh dang, I think I might just meet you at this tournament (if it's today and the fact that you're from Boca Raton, FL is any indication). Versus Gaming Center, right? I should be there myself for Project M tonight. I'll be the Dude with a black windbreaker and a Captain Crunch tshirt on.

Godspeed. First tourney's a tough experience, but also a really fun one. Be sure to stick around for friendlies afterwards!

Last edited:

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
@ CherubiKnighT CherubiKnighT

Oh dang, I think I might just meet you at this tournament (if it's today and the fact that you're from Boca Raton, FL is any indication). Versus Gaming Center, right? I should be there myself for Project M tonight. I'll be the Dude with a black windbreaker and a Captain Crunch tshirt on.

Godspeed. First tourney's a tough experience, but also a really fun one. Be sure to stick around for friendlies afterwards!
I totally would of but a lot of drama happened after. I was practicing and I didn't even get to sign up for PM singles. </3 Either way still had fun and started to beat people in friendlies so I will def have to go back. Just need to find people to practice with XD.

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Well it's Saturday! Tourney time! Good Luck Cherubi. And like Wiley said once. Be sure you have a friend with phone in hand or have someone with your phone help you since I also want to see the cosplay you do. Also go there for the big win in mind. Always go positive even if you are bound to lose in the first round. Someone said to me they respected my decision to an online tourney I went Maining Zelda and the person said; "I respect your opinion for sticking with your character even if the odds are against you. Good Luck" After I had unofficially played with a player that was in the tourney and he beat me easily 3 times in a row with Little mac. But I never backed down. I have bad connection and I was disqualified because the other contestants could not join my game to fight but I went and tried as best as I could to connect until disqualification was given to me. I tried because even with the odds against me I was not giving up. I was determined to fight. I say this because I believe in you and you will do good. even if it could be like it could have been me dying in the first round lol but you must not give up. You can't expect to be perfect on something you do for the first time. Bring the results once you are done. You go Cherubi! Bring back some small wins or the BIG win!
You are the best. Lets be friends!

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
How'd you do?
Sadly, they didn't announce well enough when they were taking signups for PM Singles. Me and a friend had to fight for a spot in the end, and just barely managed to squeeze in. Cherubi didn't get as lucky as we did. As for PM Doubles, sorry to say that my team was what knocked his team out of the tournament. :c

Me and him exchanged contact info, so we'll definitely get some netplay rounds in soon. Maybe not till the weekend, but soon.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Oh so Cheru got destroyed? haha. It happens. Well now you know how all that works out. I hope it's better organized. I wanna see you in action next time. I went on Saturday several times to your twitch channel but it said you were offline. : ( I guess there was a real mixup there then. No matter, next time it'll be the one. Sure lets be friends. Wait were not friends yet? I thought we were already lol.

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
Yea I did ok. But I was unable to do singles since I didn't hear them call for it :/. But yea shadow did awesome! He is a great player! What really got me was how different it played from netplay. I need someone close to play with since i have no friends :/./

StarForce

Smash Ace
If only I could play with you. My net is bad so probably we'll have more headache than gameplay Although I'm not good overall so practicing with you for you to do well in tourneys is not possible. Hmm what can I do to help you in other way... *Ponders for a while*

CherubiKnighT

NNID
Cherubiknight
3DS FC
0946-3379-8020
If only I could play with you. My net is bad so probably we'll have more headache than gameplay Although I'm not good overall so practicing with you for you to do well in tourneys is not possible. Hmm what can I do to help you in other way... *Ponders for a while*
ahhaha do you live in south florida!? Perhaps we can both practice and get better!?

Top Bottom