• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to smash and wanting to play competitivly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Harris

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, New smash player here, I used to play melee casually back in the day, but had never though of playing smash competitively (I did with other games such as halo, halo 2, and gears of war), the main thing that has stopped me from wanting to really get into smash really was the fact that im normally pretty terrible at fighting games so that had discouraged me, but now I am determined to try to get into the scene with smash.

I am also new to these forums of course so sorry if there is a thread that answers some of the questions that I am asking but yeah.

Anyways since I'm completely new to the scene I have heard of things in past smash games such as DI (directional input) and wavedashing and such. Did these techniques or tricks end up making it into the 3ds smash? and if so where can i find guides on exactly what these techniques are and how to pull them off?

Also I know that everyones playstyle is very unique to that person but are there any tips or anything that I should take in mind when reading another player or just knowing when to strike and how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and again sorry if some of these questions have already been answered. I have seen kind of similar threads about the techniques and everything before, but am kind of lost once people start talking about them cause I have no clue what they are and what they are accomplishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom