• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to PM can I switch back to brawl if I wanted to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerma

Smash Rookie
So I'm aware that you need to download files onto your Wii for PM. But, what if I wanted to switch back and forth between PM and brawl? Would I have to wipe the SD card to play brawl then re download to play PM? Or could I just take out the SD card when I want to play regular brawl (Then I'd lose all my data right)?

Akkien

Smash Cadet
Replays too, they won't work if you try to play them in the other game. Other than that, you're fine to play both just taking the SD out.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
So I'm aware that you need to download files onto your Wii for PM. But, what if I wanted to switch back and forth between PM and brawl? Would I have to wipe the SD card to play brawl then re download to play PM? Or could I just take out the SD card when I want to play regular brawl (Then I'd lose all my data right)?
I load my game through the messages folder. So this is what I did:

Go here http://please.hackmii.com/
and obviously download projectm from http://projectmgame.com/en/download
Type in your MAC address, it will be in wii settings and select the correct version of your wii. That will be written in settings. Most likely 4.3U if you're trying to run PM
UNTICK Bundle Hackmii Installer
Cut any wire given there, it doesn't matter
You will get a folder called 'Private'

Now, once your PM 3.6 download finishes, you should see the folders and files
  • codes
  • private
  • projectm
  • boot.elf
  • gameconfig.txt
Now delete the private folder from the PM download, and replace it with the private folder you created. Make sure you delete the old folder first because when you replace files sometimes errors may happen.
Now remove your sd card and put it in your wii. Now you don't run the game through brawl, but instead you run it through the wii messages. You will see a red letter icon for 5th July or whatever the date you created the private folder. Click on that and Project M launcher should appear. Click on play and it should work.

Now it's easy to run Brawl, if you wanna run brawl, you just move your pointer to the brawl icon in the wii main screen and it works fine. No need to remove the sd card either. If you want to run PM, just go to the message folder and click the red message. It works! And trust me, it loads faster than loading PM from stage builder and all that hassle.
So anyway, I hope this helps :3

~qwertz143~

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
If you use a homebrew enabled Wii, you can just disabled ocarina code...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just remove the SD card before you boot up Brawl and it'll be unchanged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom