• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Meta Knight *Need Tips*

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
Alright boys, I consider my main Lucas. I want to have a solid backup character and I think Meta Knight is solid.

I just started playing with him and I need to quick tips for his moves.

The first thing I notice is the standard A attack just seems to go off for too long, so I plan on using that rarely

Anyways can you guys give me some advice for approaches (most important to me) and maybe some short hop game?

I got Lucas down pact but MK is just a different beast.

Any tips would be great!

(Looked at the Behind the Mask guide and that was a good start but I want to hear from the pros!)

-Shibby :)

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Sh fairs are generaly a good approach, but don't get too predictable. Meta's mach tornado (neutral b) is great for racking up damage and approaching some projectile spammers, however, grenades, bombs, fully charged light arrows, and wolfs laser will still hit you.

Remember that MK has 2 main kill moves, his d smash, and his shuttle loop (up b). Both of these come out very fast and can be used out of a shield. The d smash has verry little ending lag too and the shuttle loop cannot be shield grabbed.

Hope this helps.

Shibby

Smash Journeyman
University of Minnesota (Green Bay Wisconsin in Su
Sh fairs are generaly a good approach, but don't get too predictable. Meta's mach tornado (neutral b) is great for racking up damage and approaching some projectile spammers, however, grenades, bombs, fully charged light arrows, and wolfs laser will still hit you.

Remember that MK has 2 main kill moves, his d smash, and his shuttle loop (up b). Both of these come out very fast and can be used out of a shield. The d smash has verry little ending lag too and the shuttle loop cannot be shield grabbed.

Hope this helps.
Thank you!

I was wondering how to kill with MK

I was racking up 170 damage on guys to kill them which seemed like a lot compared to Lucas

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!

I was wondering how to kill with MK

I was racking up 170 damage on guys to kill them which seemed like a lot compared to Lucas
Side note: I am not a pro. At the moment anyway.

I personally don't know how Lucas works, but MK can be a god on his airgame. Also, his N-air can be used as a killing move. Same goes for the D-air. Most of his attacks carry a lot of priority, so playing aggressively (not recklessly) doesn't carry quite as much risk, although his weight can offset that.

Hope that helps a bit. ^_^

Shentao

Smash Cadet
Down smash, nuetral air, and Up b are his kill moves
This is true, also, if the opponent is AT ALL gimpable, take advantage of that. Char lie wolf, fox, falco, diddy, and other, can be gimped so just jump out there and smack him one more time, usually always works. and on stages like FD or battlefield, that have slanted bottoms, use them to stage spike, as its really easy and totally safe for you, esp. chars like toon like and other that prefer to recover from below. Watch tru= combo video for some visuals on what Im talking about, also watch the "You can't kill the metal" combo video. Good stuff, and can give you some creative ideas for killing

Top Bottom