• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Ice Climbers. Any tips?

xHermit

Smash Cadet
NNID
EcksDee
I just started using Ice Climbers after maining TL since 08. I've read up on a few things but just wanted to see what kind of feedback I could get from different people who use Ice Climbers. I'm aware that you probably shouldn't just spam grabs the whole match in hope to secure the stock with a chain grab. I could use some tips on the chain grab timing though. Mine seems to be a little off and I'm having a hard time keeping it consistent. Specifically with the Popo b-throw to the Nana d-throw. Thanks in advance to all advice I receive.

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I suggest going to the official Ice Climbers board for specific guides and tips on match-ups and stages. This is simply not the proper place for character specific posts.

Good luck!

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
What exactly are you having trouble with when it comes to the chain grabs?
And the best chance you have with ice climbers is to desync and zone them out to force an approach and punish anything stupid that they do with that grab you oh-so need~

Top Bottom