• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New technique out there: Z-canceling

pnoid

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcw84FLOIs&feature=youtu.be

found in this post:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2xqeqp/smash_bros_united_discovers_zcancelling/

supposedly they found another technique too! according to their reddit posts.

Let's talk about this.

To me it looks like this just gives every character what kirby already has: low endlag on all their moves.

So one of kirby's advantages much just became commonplace among ALL characters :(

I wanna see what some good people have to say about this!

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
I am not sure about the shield breaking combo. To me, it looked like it can be escapable by rolling forward or doing any OoS action, but I am a new player, so I could be wrong.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
This isn't real. They're just cancelling the IASA frames of the move. Z Cancelling doesn't exist.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
This isn't real. They're just cancelling the IASA frames of the move. Z Cancelling doesn't exist.
Yeah, I tought so. But thanks for clarifying

pnoid

Smash Cadet
You mean to tell me the hype on reddit is incorrect?! IMPOSSIBLE! :)

So for my understanding:
IASA that means that you could litterally cancel -- or more acurately interrupt--- diddy's dair with ANY move on the ground? (hence IASA = interruptable as soon as)

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
@ pnoid pnoid Well, some move with Kirby also have that property. Like cancelling down aerial into down tilt

Top Bottom