• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Warning Received
I don't know if this would be considered a new tech, but I'm pretty sure you can tech out of a meteor smash to the ground. The CPU will hit the stage after I meteor them, but then they will sometimes just get up like they teched instead of bouncing back up into the air. Anyone else find this, or have friends around to test this?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
That's been a thing for a long time. But yes, you can tech from any "stage bounce" hit.

D

Deleted member

That's been a thing for a long time. But yes, you can tech from any "stage bounce" hit.
didn't know it was considered new because you could never bounce off a spike in other games, they just hit the ground and stayed there, unlike this game where they can bounce off

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
didn't know it was considered new because you could never bounce off a spike in other games, they just hit the ground and stayed there, unlike this game where they can bounce off
They still bounced in past games, but under more specific circumstances. It's one of the reasons that made Falcon good in melee. The stomp(meteor) on a grounded opponent would pop them up for a knee. I don't think that it would bounce them if you hit them from the air though, I can't recall. Probably right on that one.

D

Deleted member

They still bounced in past games, but under more specific circumstances. It's one of the reasons that made Falcon good in melee. The stomp(meteor) on a grounded opponent would pop them up for a knee. I don't think that it would bounce them if you hit them from the air though, I can't recall. Probably right on that one.
That's what I'm talking about, the bounce from a spike in the air. I know in past games spiking a grounded opponent would bounce them up. The bounce from the air wasn't in past games

Last edited by a moderator:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
IIRC You only bounced when you were standing on the ground in brawl and got spiked. In SSB4, if you're in the air and hit the ground after a spike during the hitstun, you'll bounce. I don't believe this was in brawl - you'd just smack into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom