• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech! Sid's Wing Renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.

032193sid

Smash Rookie
I recently found this out while on wifi and i like to call it Sid's Wing Renewal. For the normal wing renewal you would have to go:

short hop+up B quickly - then you could cancel/get hit and use WoI again

but there is a better and more efficient way of renewing your wings faster and will definately revolutionize Pit's game play. This is how to do it:

Use up + B from ANYWHERE then glide/ hover over any platform and your wings will be renewed! Then just cancel or get hit and you can use WoI again. i suggest jumping a couple times first b/c the WoI will only last for 1.5 s just like they normally would after a wing renewal.

This is ALOT more efficient as you can use WoI anywhere, glide down for a second and go back with renewed wings. Also there are less chances for you to screw up as w/ normal wing renewal you have to time the WoI perfectly w/ the short hop.

**Note: You have to be hovering right over the ground like when you wing refresh

good luck, and hopefully this new tech will finally turn the tides Pito's way ~_^

032193sid

Smash Rookie
**Note 2 : Works awesome w/ divebombing, just db until you are floatig over the platform, get all your jumps back, go back up. Technically, Pit no longer needs a very strong ground game as it never has to touch the ground

improvements/opinions?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This is know, as long as Pits feet touch the ground or platform at some point during his ^B you will refresh your jumps and be able to use your Wings again. This is what lead to people to the idea of the wing renewal we have now and later wingdashing. It is much better to be able to SHWoI that way it takes up less time, although if you are in the air when you would like to do this then the way you have described is the way to go.

Keep looking though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom