• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Swedish SSB Matches- maltfox, swebits, morgen >=D

Sangoku

Smash Master
ant-d got offline because he was the one TASing the matches.

Just kidding, inb4 someone saying I'm dumb.

I thought Smeek (who plays online) knew people who know Swebits and so on. Have we tried to contact them with his help?

Oh and Mahie, I bought my adapter with bank transfer (so no credit card). Don't know about n64 gamepad though.

Dsc

Smash Ace
no thats not what i meant.

i mean like, they dont exist in general, or theyre just random people who gets ANT to TAS their matches.

All im trying to say is, theyre matches are FAKE FAKE FAKE. Its too obvious.

this is my opinion btw. so dont rage

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So all those matches are TAS? rofl
How can they not exist, it doesnt make sense to me. However the matches are a bit "staged" IMO because they do overcomplicated stuff and they let each other hit easily, I suppose because its for fun and for a more fun match to watch

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, it's entirely possibly they're having fun while playing a game!

I know, what a concept!
Shut up, bro. I hate it when people say stupid things. Look- if they're staging the matches (I'm not saying they are, but if), then it's not what it purports to be, and the endless nub rallying cry of "herp derp have fun winning doesn't matter" does not enter into it at all. If they're screwing around, OK, don't start snarking about it.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol @ shut up again

Im pretty sure all he meant is some people think you can only play smash64 competitively , when in reality they could care less about what we do, or what we think because they enjoy the game...and ultimately thats all that matters :)

They have no need to come online if they have no interest in the scene. If they enjoy playing each other, so be it...maybe we scared them away because we where so "omg you guys aint pro"and they dont care and dont wanna hear us whine.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Me: "Shut up! I hate it when people say stupid things."

Surri: "Stupid thing."

I didn't say they needed to come online. We've never had any real contact with them, so I'm pretty sure we didn't scare them away. It annoys me when people pull the "Play for fun" card at random moments when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, as you and sempiternity just did. Now that you're done being self-righteous, will you listen to me? I did not disagree with his sentiments. What I took objection to was that they had no bearing on the discussion at hand.

Do not bother responding to this. I want to pretend that you're capable of grasping basic ideas.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
So all those matches are TAS? rofl
How can they not exist, it doesnt make sense to me. However the matches are a bit "staged" IMO because they do overcomplicated stuff and they let each other hit easily, I suppose because its for fun and for a more fun match to watch
Yeah, it's entirely possibly they're having fun while playing a game!

I know, what a concept!
wat

How is that not relevant to the current discussion?

Definitions of relevant on the Web:

* having a bearing on or connection with the subject at issue

1) My comment was relevant to the preceding comment.

2) The (current) discussion is about the legitimacy of these players/videos. My comment presents an opinion about the legitimacy of these players/videos, so I don't see the problem.

3) Sarcasm is hilarious, and tight-***** people's reactions are even more hilarious.

Just be chill, bro.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Shut up, bro.
wat

Just be chill, bro.
Bro:
1. Obnoxious partying males who are often seen at college smash bros tourneys. When they aren’t making an *** of themselves they usually just stand around holding a red plastic controller waiting for something exciting to happen so they can scream something that demonstrates how much they enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. Bros actually chose this name for themselves as they often refer to each other as "bro" even though they are not related.

2. A version of bra specifically designed for men.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i hate it when people pull up dictionary definitions to support their argument

its unimaginative, ineffective and boring. i could make a bad pun here but i won't

kuz did it well though

dch111

Smash Journeyman
wat

How is that not relevant to the current discussion?

Definitions of relevant on the Web:

* having a bearing on or connection with the subject at issue

1) My comment was relevant to the preceding comment.

2) The (current) discussion is about the legitimacy of these players/videos. My comment presents an opinion about the legitimacy of these players/videos, so I don't see the problem.

3) Sarcasm is hilarious, and tight-***** people's reactions are even more hilarious.

Just be chill, bro.
Problem is, you pulled out the fun card at the wrong moment. Nixxxon just mentions fun as a motive for staging a match. Then you act like nobody thought they could be having fun (sarcasm doesn't help).

craiigg

Smash Lord
lol flamefest..........

I'll be more than happy to goto sweden to play these guys - I have tried to get in contact and so has Isai lol but they don't seem to like me and I can't find a way to speak to them

If someone can contact them then I will go over there, Im not going for fake smasherz

I knew of the rumour it was AntD, i agreed with it, im still unsure now but if they are real i want to beat them.. =)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty much what cheese and dch said. I was a little harsh, and I apologize, but I used up all of my patience dealing with Surri... You know how it is.

So does Swebits actually exist then, or is he just a facet of the many headed Ant?

I'm not buying it. I think they're all for fakez.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
lol really guys, why even think otherwise?
Why would ant-d create 3 different playing styles and spending many weeks creating fake matches, lmao?
If you had seen armada stuff and he never came out of sweden he would be a fake done by a TASer too?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Except Armada actually traveled throughout Europe, and won like every tournament and was confirmed to be a great player by many people. Very unlike these Swedish 64 players.

Not saying for now that they're fake myself, I don't like to jump to conclusions and for the most part I trust the 64 community. Just pointing out the problem with your post.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
even if these guys went around europe trashing people in 64, that wouldn't do much because the magnitude of the 64 community is about the same as the population of the god**** sun

armada was well-known because melee is played like 50x as much as 64, any tourney would have significant showing, and armada left enough of an impact to make it memorable

these guys are great players, but im not so sure they can replicate that level of play in *every* match...if they could, i'd very much like to meet them, and have them train me lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well, even if it's ~20 people in various country saying that they're real players, I'll believe it, it's hard to get that many people in on a joke without anyone snitching/dropping hints.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Except Armada actually traveled throughout Europe, and won like every tournament and was confirmed to be a great player by many people. Very unlike these Swedish 64 players.
there are no 64 tournies you know

You dont need to be confirmed by anyone to see if you are a very good player, another example is alancitu

And yes they probably cant have the same level in every match, just like everybody

Olikus

Smash Champion
Actually some years ago there was some 64 tourneys in Sweden, (attended one like 4 years ago or something) and now there are some huge meele tourneys there, and some of them may have 64 as a side event(not sure on this though) So if they only like console, and dont live in northern sami-sweden far away from the towns, they should be able to attend some Swedish tourneys, and if they did maybe some of the Swedish players on smashboards had heard of them.

Or maybe they just like to play against themselves and sometimes andtgar. Who knows?

Top Bottom