• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Stratagy ?

OrionKale

Smash Rookie
Alright, I've been noticing that the get up rolls of the edge are a bit slower, so demand a faster recovery to get off the edge if someone's about to hit you.

I'll start with an example.

Me(Meta Knight) hits my friend(Snake) off the stage and continues to chase for the kill. I miss an attack, and he slips by and grabs the edge. I almost immediately use Meta Knight's UpB towards the stage and hit Snake while he is hanging on the edge. He hits the wall and bounces downward to his death.

Now, I've determined that at around 60%, the hit lag multiplier you get for bouncing off the stage(Legal stages so far) is enough that MOST characters won't have a chance to get back on the stage. I don't have a video, but will be trying to get one up as soon as possible for each character. (Training mode is useless for this because the CPU gets up off the edge as soon as it can.) So far, I've determined it works as long as they don't tech the hit off the wall.

I couldn't find anything like this through other posts, so I thought it might be a useful addition. Sorry if this has been posted already.

Thoughts ?

GodotAA

Smash Ace
its a fairly common technique if you can even call it that. personally i hope people grab the edge with no invincibility frames just so i can up b them off of it.

Top Bottom