• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash, kind of.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
I've played since melee but I never played competitive or even though about it until I learned that 4 has a ranking system before it was released. Planning on maining Zero Suit just because she is my best character and I have a lot of fun when playing her, other than Little Mac but I know he isn't the best for competitive play. What are some things that I should know when playing her. I saw a thread on perfect wave dancing and foxtrotting. I know how to wave dance on melee but I can't figure it out on 4. How does one do it? Also what is foxtrotting and how do you do it? Last question: what is the advantage of pivoting? What are some things that I could actually use it for in a game? Sorry for all the questions I know I am a complete noob but I really wanna get better. Thanks a lot!

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
uses for foxtrotting perfect pivoting and dash dancing for zss

Since i've made less than 10 posts, i can't post links haha, but read the thread with this title. i'm also trying to be more competitive and taking the time to read all the comments and practice has done me wonders.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Foxtrotting is dashing and immediately putting your stick back to neutral which makes you dash forward and stop. Dash dancing is different in this game and you should go to the dash dancing thread and click on the link. Perfect pivot let's you space smashes better like you can do a retreating dsmash which can be useful. I would recommend learning to space and use nair along with neutral b

Lus146

Smash Cadet
Foxtrotting is dashing and immediately putting your stick back to neutral which makes you dash forward and stop. Dash dancing is different in this game and you should go to the dash dancing thread and click on the link. Perfect pivot let's you space smashes better like you can do a retreating dsmash which can be useful. I would recommend learning to space and use nair along with neutral b
What are some techniques I should know for spacing? I get the premise of it because I do have experience with games but what is my goal with spacing?

David Viran

Smash Lord
The point of it is to kind of zone and limit their options to really just shield and spacing is how you stay safe while zoning because if you are too close then you will probably be shield grabbed. You should also add in empty short hops with the nairs so they put up their shield and shield is more of a commitment when you don't hit it.

Lus146

Smash Cadet
The point of it is to kind of zone and limit their options to really just shield and spacing is how you stay safe while zoning because if you are too close then you will probably be shield grabbed. You should also add in empty short hops with the nairs so they put up their shield and shield is more of a commitment when you don't hit it.
Should I unbind jump from up on my joystick so I can short hop easier?

Sir Ught

Smash Cadet
Should I unbind jump from up on my joystick so I can short hop easier?
From what i've seen, tap jump helps with OoS options, but removing it lessens accidental jumps. And even with it on, you can still use the jump button for short hopping.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Do not throw your faith mindlessly into her down b (flip jump) it Will seem great at first but it has its draw backs which will
be capitalized on leaving you in a worst case scenario in terms of recovery or being unable to change your action at a moments notice due to end lag.

Top Bottom