• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash 4 Ledge Tech?!?

Glitch or New Tech?

• Glitch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Charitish

Smash Rookie

New Tech possibly? Probably the fastest I've ever seen anyone recover. I need to discuss about this because I did this totally on accident but it looks so fluid. [I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT] Thanks to sparkyb I have figured out hoe to do this. It may be slightly frame perfect but i have got the inputs down. Once i get some video evidence i shall post this to the competitive smash forums. Look out for it soon!

Last edited:

sparkyb

Smash Rookie
From what I can gather, it looks like he dropped down from the ledge, the wall jumped back onto the stage while doing a Back Air. He did seem to have no end lag on the back air though.

Charitish

Smash Rookie
From what I can gather, it looks like he dropped down from the ledge, the wall jumped back onto the stage while doing a Back Air. He did seem to have no end lag on the back air though.
I see. I could see this being applicable to competitive play for fox players and maybe anyone who has a sort of short wall jump. I'll have to test it out. Thanks for the feedback on that!

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
It looks like you dropped off the ledge, jumped, then wall jumped. This may possibly be a new AT, it could be a glitch. The two are more or less interchangeable in Smash Bros. It looks like you'd need to be nearly frame-perfect to do this, though, so it may not have any uses.

Charitish

Smash Rookie
It looks like you dropped off the ledge, jumped, then wall jumped. This may possibly be a new AT, it could be a glitch. The two are more or less interchangeable in Smash Bros. It looks like you'd need to be nearly frame-perfect to do this, though, so it may not have any uses.
hmm that may be true, Yet I have figured it out due to sparkyb and his feedback on this. Basically, try it out your self, you actually don't need the wall jump but a good timed fast fall from ledge yet a wall jump will make it better but kind of harder to pull off. When you do the well timed jump and at around the foot of the ledge fast fall and back air which will cancel your fall lag and you can dash or walk to a jump cancelled up smash or perfect pivot to what ever comes out of that. As soon as i get good video proof of me doing this, because it's still kind of hard for me to do, I'll be posting it on the comp. And i'm guessing it would work on wii u as well. Tho i do not own one. Also I've only tried this out with fox. So for now fox is the only person i know that this works with. It's practically use an auto canceled aerial as a ledge recovery tool. I call it Jolt Recovery haha. Kind of cheesy but the best i can do.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
It has nothing to do with a wall jump. I have done this a lot on accident with Zelda (lacks a wall jump). Never quite figured it out but it was always after jumping off the ledge and doing an aerial. It instantly stops your attack and you quickly stand up instead.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This has been a known thing since October, but nobody's figured out how to replicate it intentionally to my knowledge. The leading theory seems to be that starting an attack while jumping back to the stage at the right moment can force you to cancel the attack and land instantly.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
If you slow the clip down, you can see the effect for double jump at about 0:19, the rings that appear below your feet, but at the same time he turns around as if he did a wall jump. Then he does an aerial back onto the ledge which stops him grabbing it, and has no landing lag on the aerial, probably a Bair given he was holding right to wall jump, which then spun him around. At least that's what I can make of it. If it's replicable, it seems like you'll need to input it pretty fast. Just calling it as I see it, I'm probably very wrong.

T0MMY

Smash Master
This has been known for a while, but one of those things nobody really has put any time into unraveling. What's even more funny is that it was around in Brawl, I used to call it a "ninja recovery" because of how sneaky it is, but only saw it as useful with Pikachu. Probably a lot more viable of a technique since I've been doing it (mostly accidentally) with a variety of characters.
I think it's worth exploiting, especially since I think this can be done on platforms and lead into a crawl or other form of movement (like pivots or just simply sliding with low-friction characters) to create a "waveland" kind of technique.

Tictrock

Smash Rookie
No glitch, fox's fall speed with fast fall definitely make this trick look weird.

Top Bottom