• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new sketch

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not bad at all. The only thing i'd keep practicing, if i were you, are those hands. (Especially noticeable on the character on the back)

I think it's a good time to return to smashboards ^^

Ami

Smash Ace
Cute picture.

You need to work a little on the awkward poses, though. The guy's pose in the back is fine, but the girl looks a little out of proportion. I think it's hear head, mostly, and the fact that she doesn't really have any neck.
Good job, though!

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
It's not bad at all. The only thing i'd keep practicing, if i were you, are those hands. (Especially noticeable on the character on the back)

I think it's a good time to return to smashboards ^^

being someone that can actually draw, i think the hands are great.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Oviously you don't know who Gilgamesh is. (welcome back!)

I think one thing bringing this piece down a lot is the anime style. It just smacks of bad fanart, and you seem to be capable of a lot more than that.

Light

Smash Journeyman
I think one thing bringing this piece down a lot is the anime style. It just smacks of bad fanart, and you seem to be capable of a lot more than that.
Chu dat.

Content wise, if your characters were to start spraying where their cans are pointing, gg man. The entire tag would be ruined by two gigantic splotches. Just nit picking.

VT7

Smash Rookie
Thank you all for the helpful input! I agree the proportions are kinda awkward on the girl and I'll definitely work on that. More than likely I'll probably redo her pose over completely. As for the hands, I know they suck but I've always had issues sketching 'em out, lol.

@Fdv: I think you're right about the anime style, it doesn't seem to match the theme I'm trying establish. Or least thats what I think its doing anyway :D

Of course I'll be back with an updated sketch, hopefully I wont disappear like I did last time.

Top Bottom