• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Sheik

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
Hey guys. I've been playing Fox and Sheik in Smash bros for a year and a half.
I've always mained Fox over Sheik ever so slightly, but now, my Sheik is better than my Fox. Not as fast or as technical obviously, but I play smarter.
So I'm now a Sheik/Fox main but I use Fox for counterpicks (I just can't consider him a secondary)

I know this isn't Fox boards, but what does Sheik have that Fox doesn't?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Curves ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, she can also live longer, has better tech chases, more gimping potential....
Ok, don't quote me on the last three, my knowledge on Melee is not the biggest.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
A better edge guard game as her moves end faster and with many of her attacks she can regrab ledge after using them immediately. You also gain aerial needle which basically allows you to gimp anything that is off stage for basically free. Your recovery is a safer drop zone recovery which again leads to more I-framed edge guards. If they land on stage you can pick a move to use basically to begin a combo or out right kill them.

When it comes to recovery I feel as if sheiks up b is weakest when it she is being ledge hogged. Unlike fox who has 0 lag on the on stage landing against sheik you can cover 3 different positions in the time it takes for her to recover from her up b. You also don't have illusion so recovery is fairly committed.

In the neutral you don't gain anything at all and you lose shine forcing you into a more defensive position. You still have aerial needle which requires a small charge and can lead to any follow up in her arsenal and you also have AC fair which is a great spacing tool(obviously you know this). Your theoretical spacing is amazing with waveland fair and pivot f-tilt or up tilit. As we reach into the combo game I would think that they are about equal infinities aside. No real need to go indepth with this because they are (insert parameter specific).

Escape potential is stronger with fox because shine but he can be killed at lower percents being iirc the 3rd lightest character in the game. f-air nair are great combo breakers and will allow for a reversal.

You also have the best taunt in the game down b. Becoming the worse character in the game and if practiced you might be able to stomp them.

Top Bottom