• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Pokémon Leaked!

A Very Nice Dishwasher

Smash Apprentice
So in case you didn't know, this morning a new Pokémon was revealed. This is the new Pokémon, which is apparently named Magiana.

I'm not sure if this is our first Gen 7 Pokémon or what, but I think it's absolutely adorable. What do you guys think?

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
I do think that this may be a 7th gen pokemon! Just like how we got to see Lucario and Zororark early, the Volcanion movie is showing at just that time when I would expect a preview of gen 7.
One thing that I have noticed about this thing is that it will probably be a very strong pokemon. I can almost guarantee that this will be a Fairy/Steel type, which is one of, if not THE best type combination, and if this is a legendary or pseudo legendary Pokémon, those stats with that typing will make it very strong!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
This thing might be a Steel/ Fairy type. The Steel is obvious, but given the name seems to be referencing magic (MAGIana), I'd be surprised if this wasn't a part Fairy.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
This thing might be a Steel/ Fairy type. The Steel is obvious, but given the name seems to be referencing magic (MAGIana), I'd be surprised if this wasn't a part Fairy.
Well it's a Japanese name so the odds of it referencing an actual English word are low.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well it's a Japanese name so the odds of it referencing an actual English word are low.
And here I'm thinking that was the actual English name. :/
Still, Steel typing seems like a very safe bet either way.

Hmm, if it's a legendary, I think this Pokémon might make its game debut in whatever the next installment of Gen 6 is.
I doubt that. If anything it's probably a next gen Pokémon or just another event 'mon. Although I suppose if it was the latter it likely would have been discovered when Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and the Mega Eon duo were leaked.

:094:

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Japan is no stranger to using "magic" as part of their names; there's an entire Super Sentai series called Magiranger, after all!

But Magiana (or perhaps more precisely Majiana) is likely a combination of "マジック" (Majikku), which is "magic" (since it's probably a Fairy-type) and either the actual name Giana ("God is gracious") or "一時的な" (Ichiji-tekina), which is "temporal"). Mayhaps both?

'Course, I'm not skilled in Japanese, so I'm not sure. :p

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I doubt that. If anything it's probably a next gen Pokémon or just another event 'mon. Although I suppose if it was the latter it likely would have been discovered when Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, and the Mega Eon duo were leaked.

:094:
I dunno, this is the very first generation that Pokemon is able to take advantage of true DLC. This means that they could actually be adding a Pokemon in the middle of a generation for the first time. It's still possible it's a glimpse of Generation VII, but who knows? We still don't have details on when we're going to see the Zygarde forms in an actual game.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah besides being announced for the anime, nothing has been said on the matter. It was sort of shelved for a later date.

Top Bottom