• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New player looking for guidance

Malithis

Smash Cadet
Hello,

I am looking at youtube, forums etc for valuable information and using wifi to practice against players but i was hoping that some of you reading this could help me with a few things. I've been a long time casual not owning a smash bros game til now but my fav characters were often kirby, sheik, ness and marth while disliking spacies. I was looking for characters strong against falcon, squirtle and zard and are characters melee players may not be used to playing against. Any suggestions are appreciated :).

-Malithis

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there Malithis. Have you already had a look around the specific character sub-forums? They generally contain matchup threads that I'm sure you'll find helpful. You could also ask any questions you may have in those type of threads (may not exactly be a MU discussion thread, but Q&A threads work as well) regarding MU tips, secondaries for your main, and some other things too.

Malithis

Smash Cadet
Hey there Malithis. Have you already had a look around the specific character sub-forums? They generally contain matchup threads that I'm sure you'll find helpful. You could also ask any questions you may have in those type of threads (may not exactly be a MU discussion thread, but Q&A threads work as well) regarding MU tips, secondaries for your main, and some other things too.
Thank you, i have been browsing the character discussion forums for some time now and gathered what i could from the MU threads, though being newer to these styles of forums makes it difficult to read the less organized threads. I just thought this post and a second on the general discussion would be better etiquette then posting 20 or so posts in those sub-forums and i didn't want to annoy anybody.

Top Bottom