• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW PHANTOM TECHNIQUE

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
I wish i could show u this on a video but i dont have the resources to do it and my english is not good....so u will have to try it and prove it your self

I send away a Fox with Fsmash he was like 90% then i run to the edge and charged the phantom ... When fox used side B (ilusion) to reach the ledge ...phantom didnt touch him cause he was under the hitbox .... But the new wind hitbox stoppped him to reach the ledge and i was able to punish him with another hit...

So...the wind hitbox of phantom (down B ) is able to stop some horizontal recoveries (kind of MARIOS FLUDD) ... Again u need to prove it yourselfs cause i dont know how to post a video here from my cellphone XD

GOOD LUCK

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I do not think it's a windbox, it's more like the Phantom acted as a wall for Fox (maybe there are parts of his body that are not hurtboxes?). I could be wrong here, but it could be something to look up for.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
It's not a windbox but a 0% hitbox. It'll hit where the sword would whiff.

I dunno, the new Phantom is so much fun and very weird. I somehow sent a Mario careening off at a sharp angle with the 0% hitbox.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah that new "phantom" hitbox can do a lot of janky things depending on how/when it hits. Which us great cause it hits but bad because its almost at RNG levels right now.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
yeah that new "phantom" hitbox can do a lot of janky things depending on how/when it hits. Which us great cause it hits but bad because its almost at RNG levels right now.
It'll get better with time as we learn it inside and out. Or if someone who can read the data can just explain the intricacies to us.

Reminds me how shortly after release, the different Phantom charges and their specific moves felt random to me (and to others, I've seen) but over time they become instinctive.

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Once my Phantom's weird hitbox thingy made the opponent trip wtf

Oidsco

Smash Rookie
Yea the new Phantom is really weird. Yesterday I hit a Little Mac with full charge just has he used up-b and instead of hitting him it just gently pushed him away and he fell to his death at super low percent.

It also that weird semi-spike with the middle charge. I've been able to land it a couple times against people but I still don't know why it happens.

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
@ Oidsco Oidsco Good to see a new player on the forums! :happysheep:

I'm pretty new to this myself. (I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I don't know where that is besides the social ^^)

Last edited:
Top Bottom