• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New perspective

KeetZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeetZ_AgaiN
3DS FC
1864-9859-2090
I have been playing Olimar as a pocket for some time, and I've been contemplating on changing him to my main after this recent patch because Nintendo loves to nerf Sonic.
So my question to all here would be is how you guys handle the top teir characters, and how viable do you think Olimar is at the higher levels of play.
I don't want to drop Sonic, but I also don't want to be the campy Sonic that goes for time outs to get the win, but it seems thats how I'll have to play if Sonic continues getting nerfed.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Olimar will have to camp at the highest level. He also has to pay attention to a bunch of little things to really contend with top tiers. It isn't easy by any means, but it's super fun!

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Yeah optimal olimar play usually involves extreme turtling. If you don't like campy play this might not be the character for you.

Campy Olimar is way more fun to play and watch than campy Sonic though.

Top Bottom