• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Peach Critique

DjiBy

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,

I am still trying to find my main between Peach and Samus. I am focusing on Peach these days and see how I do. Seems like I do better with Peach but that's my own perspective. Here is a video of my Peach vs Sheik, my worst match-up in both Samus or Peach case:

https://youtu.be/q0UDIIaraFM

I won that game but I don't feel like it's because I'm good, it's more because Sheik seem not experienced in the match-up

Anyway any quick tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Quetzalcoatl

Smash Ace
When you try to approach with Fair, you need to be floating just a bit higher, this way when you fast fall the Fair the hitbox will cover a greater area, also it will keep you out of range of easy Sheik ftilts. Also when it comes to Fair, 99% of the time you want to be float canceling it (you did a few short hop fairs) so try and edit out all non-FC fairs.

You'll play significantly better as a beginner if you just focus on using dash attack and fair to approach, crouch canceled down smash on the defense and in close combat and nair as your combo breaker and follow up to dash attack. Mix up your dash attacks with grabs if you find your dash attacks are getting shielded a lot. Make the timing of your dash attacks trickier with dash dancing and the run forward wavedash back to bait a reaction and punish with dash attack manoeuvre.

Edit out the ftilts, fsmashes, dairs, random ground height uairs. They seem to be randomly thrown out, focusing on just a few moves (dash attack, dsmash, nair, grab..) will give you much more clarity in what move you decide to do next and then you can expand from there.

DjiBy

Smash Rookie
First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to me. I watched back the video with your comments in mind and indeed, in like the first minute, my float got caught each time by grounded attack (needles and DA). I definitly have a bad habit with the ftilt from other characters useage and I didnt even see the SH fair ! I like your advice about focusing on a reduced amount of moves, I will definitly try this out. Thanks!

Top Bottom