• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New olimar tech involving pikmin pluck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolimar

Smash Rookie

This is already know. Whoops :p

Sorry if I break any smashboards rules, I'm new here and this is my first post

A video that shows this tech off made by me (sorry no capture card. In the middle of the video I show off aerial pikmin pluck having no end lag but other than that it showcases it pretty well)

https://youtu.be/P9Pn3omUR9Q

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is already discovered and part of the olimar meta, or if it's actually useless and I'm just a fraud, but I havent seen any mention of anything close to this tech on the olimar boards at all. Going under the assumption that no one has discovered this tech/posted it to the olimar boards, I'll call this the pikmin pluck dash cancel.

Basically, pikmin pluck with no pikmin is a 7 frame move when there are pikmin missing. To put this into perspective, 7 frames is the time it takes marios jab to create a hitbox. In other words, the move is almost lagless. This wouldn't matter one bit if it weren't for 1 thing: it's a special. Specials can be used out of dash, and this special in particular will put you in neutral stance VERY fast. Due to this, olimar can use smash attacks and tilts out of a dash, and pivot anywhere in his dash if used immediately after a pikmin pluck. In my recent matches, it has proven very useful for punishing and approaching.

Thoughts? Is this a good find? Or is this actually trash/already known

Last edited:

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
Thanks for contributing but this already has been known for quite a while!

Dalxp26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dalxp26
Its a good tool to use. A lot pf players dont realize Olimar can be just as dangerous without any pikmins

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Glad your eager to share knowledge! Since this is known though I'm going to lock this thread so any more discussion can be brought to the more centralized threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom