• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Olimar player here needing help

Tallbus1

Smash Rookie
Do you keep track of your pikmin? I find it INCREDIBLY hard to keep track of or even organize them.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I think I kept track of at least the next 3-4 pikmin in my line and used smashes/aerials/rosa parks more than whistle to organize them.
You can easily check to see what you have while you're running, jumping, falling, or just moving in any way.

For grounded organization, you can easily use Usmash to cycle through one or Dsmash to cycle through two.
Sometimes I'd shorthop FF Uair/Fair to cycle one while checking the rest of my line, if I had space to do so.
You can toss any unneeded pikmin over the edge. If they're white, you can just toss them at the opponent. They have like... 4 HP, so they die when an opponent so much as gives them a mean look.
If you're airborne (like if you're recovering and want to get to a purple or something), you can Uair to quickly cycle through without tossing them away.

I don't really like whistle to sort. Keeping track of whistle colors is a bit of a hassle when you use it a lot for super armoring through things, and I didn't like the chance of accidentally FFing when using it in the air. That's just me, though.

Last edited:

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Yay some sort of activity in the olimar threads!

does using the usmash and dsmashes decrease the power of the smash though

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Only if you actually hit something with it, like an opponent or one of the statues in Castle Siege's second phase.

Top Bottom