• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New moveset for Bowser. If he returns.

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Here are some new moves for Bowser. Replace Firebreath with Fireball.

B- Fireball: Spits out Fireballs. Can be charged, and the longer you charge the bigger the Fireball becomes.

>B- Koopa Klaw

^B- Flaming Fortress- Similar to Whirling Fortress, but Bowser breathes Fire while spinning.

vB- Bowser Bomb

Please rate.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That's a killa moveset ya got there. I'm for it. On a scale on 1 to 10 I'd give it......a solid 7.

Yeah bro, I hope he returns!

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
I would still rather have Fire Breath over the Fire Ball. It isn't that it's a bad idea, it's just that no one really has a move like his fire, but there are a lot of moves like the fire ball.

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
Another Idea. After Bowsr takes a Certain amount of Damage, he will become Dry Bones Bowser.

Dry Bones Bowser.

B- Bone Throw- Throws a bone at the enemy.

>B- Bone Boomerang- Similar to Link Boomerang. Hits the enemy and hits again on the return.

^B- Bone Fortress- Bowser will Link the Bones together and attemp to return by using them like a rope.

VB- Bowser Reborn- Attemps to Change back into Bowser. If hit the Transformation is stopped.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If they were to change Bowser, I think a better change is to leave every move the same, with the exception of the Fire Breath. An improvement for that one would be short tap = Fireball, hold = Fire Breath. A lag of a half second or something (basically what it is doing now), and it will work. For the Fireball, let it be just a flying ball of fire, with a fire trace thingy thing thing.

eXspriggan

Smash Apprentice
my opinion is that he should have the same moveset (nice moveset choices by the way FoxMaster), but just with better stats (stronger, heavier, etc.)

tappy

Smash Ace
i would want his firebreath to stay but this time in brawl, whoever your using his firebreath on shouldn't be able to move towards him at the same time cause then they just get a free hit.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bowser will not leave, thats a fact. he is the main antagonist from nintendo's number 1 franchise. characters will not leave based on their tier ratings. bowser has a very unique fun moveset, his only problem is his slow speed in everything. all they need to do is give him an ability that would maybe allow him to ignore knockback from weak attacks like falcos blaster.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Poor Bowser. My favorite character and he got gypped. While his model looks fierce and his thundering footsteps sound intimidating, the Koopa King has no real physical presence on the battlefield. He can be comboed across the stage with relative ease and flinches to even the tiniest punches and hits. Why?

Here are some solutions to fixing Bowser and transforming him into a physical tank that wants to stay close to his opponents and trade blows until he could smash them off.

1. Bowser needs some stun resistance at least until he goes over a certain percentage. In fact other heavyweights need a form of stun resistance for balance. Also Bowser should be able to take a barrage of tiny attacks, like Fox’s rapid kicks, without lifting off the ground.
2. Bowser should have two moves that go through shields regardless of their size. His forward smash and Down B. These moves are slow enough and predictable enough to avoid through many other means. Therefore, if you cannot simply walk, run, hop, dodge, or roll away then your shield shouldn’t be allowed to save you.
3. Bowser’s fire breath is interesting. If not designed properly it would be broken and a perfect edge guarding tool. But when too many restrictions are placed on it, the fire breath becomes worthless or at least very situational. Perhaps if Bowser has little ending lag on the breath it would be a tool to rake in opponents close for a quick shell whirl or scratch attack. Another possible move is a fireball, but I do like the creativity of the breath. It just needs better execution.
4. The last change is not directly related to Bowser, but would help his performance. Light characters are allowed strong moves just as strong characters are allowed quick move (like Gannondorf’s punch or Bowser’s spin). But when almost every fast, light character has a move that is stronger, faster, equipped with more range, and comes with less lag time then Bowser’s moves it really limits what the big man can do. The whole point of Bowser being laggy and slow is too balance out his incredible strength and weight. This fact needs to be kept in mind when developing moves for lighter characters. (ex: Sheik’s forward aerial is vastly superior to Bowser’s in nearly every way)

Top Bottom