• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Moves and Controls?

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I heard Sakurai was going to add new moves and bigger options to the controls.

I hope it's something like what Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale have.

I wonder if the controls of both SSBB and PSASRB could be merged?

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.wikia.com/wiki/Controls

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl/Controls

Of course, the links don't tell us everything. Those that have played both could give an idea?

I can see this layout.

D-Pad: Taunting/Switching
B: Jump
Y: Light Attacks(Weak, Standard, and Strong)
X: Heavy Attacks(Smash and Dash)
A: Special Attacks
L: Block/Guard/Parry
R: Grab/Throw
ZL:
ZR:
Analog L: Movement/Looking Up
Analog R:
Start: Pause/Menu
Select

TThere has always been something the "ripoffs" had that I wish was in SSB.

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL had Synergy Supers, where a playerable character teams up with an assisting character to do a limit break.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is no expection. I can imagine a Weak Attack Combo, 3 Strong Attacks, 4 SMASH Attacks, 2 Dash Attacks 8-10 Aerial Attacks, 4-5 Special Attacks(different in the air), 1 Pummel and 4 Throws/Grapples. Final Smashes are up for debate.

I think it could work out.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I got so used to X being an extra jump button I never though of it as an attack button. Now that the next smash is being designed with the traditional diamond (BYXA) button layout in mind, it might make sense to have another attack button.

Or, as many before have suggested, make the X button the Final Smash button thus freeing up Neutral B and allowing directional input for the final smash.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
I thought it would be interesting if certain attacks had special properties. For example, it would be interesting if all or maybe even some Up-B's/Up-Tilts/Up-Smash's had anti-air properties that allow them to hit airborne foes even if they're dodging. I would only give this kind of anti-air property to a move that would normally be risky to use on the ground, like Mario's Up-B. That would give it some use outside of recovery. When I think about how often players are spend in the air, I tend to think that this would give players more reason to stay on the ground. On the flip side, it encourages players to launch their foes into the air so they can set up for what would be guaranteed anti-air damage, which I'm not sure would be a good thing.
It would also be interesting if certain Down-Tilts/Smashes had a chance to trip foes depending on how they are moving. I imagine that the chances of tripping the foe would increase depending on the speed of the moving foe. If they were dashing, for example, they have a high chance to be tripped, while they have little chance to be tripped if they are walking slowly. Or maybe certain ground attacks in general could have a chance to trip and not just down tilts...
One last example might seem a bit extreme, but maybe certain attacks could also be unblockable or undodgeable on the ground? I don't know...it's just a thought I had. You can see my focus on giving players more reason to be on the ground, but that isn't to say that players being airborne often is even a problem. I'd like to read what anyone else thinks about all this. Does this dictate too often which moves players would use, leading to stale gameplay? Or would this encourage the use of otherwise unused moves? Perhaps both?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ideally, I'd like something like BlazBlue's setup.

A: Light
X: Medium
Y: Heavy
B: Special
L: Shield (L+A for grabs)
R: Jump

This is the default. I would have it where you have inputs done on the 5,2, and 6 inputs for grounded attacks with Y getting 3Y for the universal tripping move. Aerials would be pretty much spread out to all three attack buttons with 5 and 8 inputs for aerials giving us a brand new aerial at the bar minimum (characters could have character specific normals). Not sure about what to do with specials, but final smashes would be done with a 22B input so as to separate from everything else.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
About the controls...

It's the same thing from controls of Gamecube.
The controls of Gamecube and Wii U are almost the same.

Check this:

Sasser

solo nana
I can only sincerely hope you heard wrong. After all, there are some moves on some characters that are basically useless compared to their others, and to just add more would make an otherwise simple game very complicated. That was one of the major issues with smash knockoffs made by other companies.

The current system creates a level of depth relatively uncharted by the fighting game genre. It will stem from each different attack each character does when you press A, or B.

Top Bottom