• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move???!!!

lilcoolboi64

Smash Cadet
I'm claiming this to be mine if you go to final destination and do sheik's up B when you are touching the wall of the stage below the edge, the tiny jump before the explosion will take you up all the way to the edge without the explosion and grab the edge automatically like fox's up B. I'm naming this the FD-jump if nobody has discovered this.

McCloudDash91

Smash Cadet
cool. I think i actually did this a few times before for random character battles, just never realized it. Would this work on any stage though? besides mute city and places without ledges.

lilcoolboi64

Smash Cadet
it drags u up unless your below the stage.
i don't think it works on any other stage but i'm not sure. I'm also changing the name to FD superjump.

darktiamat47

Smash Rookie
ha! what a n00b, almost every good sheik player knows this move or should know it, you havent discovered anything. Nice try though

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it... the wall of the stage? Like... off to the side? Or underneath the edge?

I'm claiming this to be mine if you go to final destination and do sheik's up B when you are touching the wall of the stage below the edge, the tiny jump before the explosion will take you up all the way to the edge without the explosion and grab the edge automatically like fox's up B. I'm naming this the FD-jump if nobody has discovered this.
Nice way to lie about something someone else discovered(This also has been used numerous times,and is used often).The game has been out for 5 years,there isn't anything new to discover,and for you to lie about makes you even more of an idiot than your presenting yourself to be.

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
The mechanics of this are similar to Yoshi's instant edgehog. The "mini jump", as you called it, before the explosion acualy brings Shiek down a tiny amount before she rises (like Yoshi's doublejump). Since the game considers you to be "falling" while you move down like that, you can grab the edge.

It's nothing new though. I've seen videos of Drephen and Shino among others doing it from years ago. It's probably a bad idea to make posts like this by the way. Smash has been thoroughly dissected for 5 years. There isn't anything left to discover. Think of all the things that have been discovered: the SWD, the Rocket Dash, ledgeteching...if you want to find something new, you're going to have to probe at THAT depth, not at "a new way to grab the edge"

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
FD is the only stage with the unique property of having walls that curve out as they meet the stage. This opens up a lot of opportunities for recovery, mindgames, etc. for a lot of characters.

Top Bottom