• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mode: SURVIVAL

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
SURVIVAL
Many traditional fighters have a survival mode where you play matches against random characters from the game's roster. Beating your opponent adds a point to your score and another opponent is randomly selected and you are moved to a new location with your health being recovered a little.
Now I know what you're thinking...Smash Bros. has its own signature MULTIMAN mode! But in this mode you fight constantly spawning non playable characters that only have a couple of basic attacks, you cannot recover health unless you're lucky enough for a recovery item to spawn. This mode is well and good if ya just want to brutally destroy mass amounts of enemies, but a more traditional Survival mode where you fight on more even terms with your opponents is needed. Allstar mode is a good example of where to start off. Except instead of fighting the characters in a preset order, randomize it a bit. Instead of simply ending after defeating all the characters...bring em back for a rematch!​

(Something like. YOU VS OPPONENT 3! 2! 1! GO! Then ya win and YOU VS OPPONENT! 3! 2! 1! GO! So on and so forth)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Multi-Man Brawl has an Endless Brawl mode, which is like a survival type of mode. Sure you mostly get Fighting Alloys, but some playables do enter the scene at times.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I had an idea like this, but was a lot different. Basically mine was picking 4 characters and going through endless rounds of 1v1, 2v2, 2v1, 3v1. If your first character is KO'd, then your second character will take their place.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Multi-Man Brawl has an Endless Brawl mode, which is like a survival type of mode. Sure you mostly get Fighting Alloys, but some playables do enter the scene at times.
Changing it to where you have only playables fight you would be a good enough difference.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I had an idea like this, but was a lot different. Basically mine was picking 4 characters and going through endless rounds of 1v1, 2v2, 2v1, 3v1. If your first character is KO'd, then your second character will take their place.
Tag Team was another feature I would like implemented. A Team Survival would be even better.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Would the people die as easily as multiman, or would you actually have to fight them as regular opponents? Also, would you want the inclusion of choosing what level you fight the character, or have them raise the difficulty little by little every time you go on to the next character?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Would the people die as easily as multiman, or would you actually have to fight them as regular opponents? Also, would you want the inclusion of choosing what level you fight the character, or have them raise the difficulty little by little every time you go on to the next character?
I just thought it'd be cool if smash had a survival mode like every other fighting game.It's just like classic mode, but it never ends, it's not interrupted by bonus stages or boss battles and the enemies get progressively more difficult.Then again I'm sure they could make it funner by letting ya choose 1 of 3 opponents of different difficulty levels to go against like in Tekken's ghost battle mode, or limiting how much health ya recover after each match.

Ya know how survival mode works, every other fighting game has one, here's hoping smash 4 get's a similar mode.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I barely ever played other fighting games, I was more of an adventure game type, except for Naruto Clash of Ninja, that was the only other fighting game I owned. All the other fighting games I played were at other people's houses, and sucked at it. It's funny how I replied to a thread that hasn't gotten a reply in over a year.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a survival mode iif it didn't have a limit. That would keep me entertained if I couldn't play online.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I barely ever played other fighting games, I was more of an adventure game type, except for Naruto Clash of Ninja, that was the only other fighting game I owned. All the other fighting games I played were at other people's houses, and sucked at it. It's funny how I replied to a thread that hasn't gotten a reply in over a year.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a survival mode iif it didn't have a limit. That would keep me entertained if I couldn't play online.
Survival mode in clash of ninja is one way of going about it. There was no limit and the goal was really just to get your name on the highscore table. Ya only recovered a little bit of health after each round. Maybe they could include a toggleable option for health recovery.
I don't know why ya revived this old thread XD.
The chance of smash getting a proper survival mode is low. Survival's just always been my favorite fighting game mode, and it wouldn't be difficult to implement into smash.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Survival mode in clash of ninja is one way of going about it. There was no limit and the goal was really just to get your name on the highscore table. Ya only recovered a little bit of health after each round. Maybe they could include a toggleable option for health recovery.
I don't know why ya revived this old thread XD.
The chance of smash getting a proper survival mode is low. Survival's just always been my favorite fighting game mode, and it wouldn't be difficult to implement into smash.
Okay, I only used survival mode in Naruto to get enough money for Anbu Kakashi.

The reason I am replying to old threads is because of my OCD. I always want the locked conversations to be togetther at the bottom, so replying to old threads is how I do it. Also, it is fun. And this is a very interesting topic to me.

Is Naruto's survival mode basically what all survival modes are like? Cause I would love a Smash survival mode like that.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Is Naruto's survival mode basically what all survival modes are like? Cause I would love a Smash survival mode like that.
Yes, it's actually kinda surprising that this is news to ya.
Soul Calibur and Tekken, Clash of Ninja, most of the Capcom Vs, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter 4.

I don't own all of these games but ya can google what game modes they have.
It's just nice to be able to play without having to setup matches or deal with lag, plus the survival mode could offer a new way of unlocking content.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I think I get what you mean.

In Brawl there were those event matches where you had to fight the "original 8" or whatever all in a row and all on their own stages. This mode would basically be that, but endless. I feel like that would be absolutely amazing. I support it haha.

Top Bottom