• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mii Types

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I’m surprised no one has created a general thread to talk about new Mii types, as we only have threads for singular types like the potential mage and Hammer.
https://smashboards.com/threads/mii-magic-user.456764/
https://smashboards.com/threads/mii-hammer-fighter.456743/

I thought I mine as well give Miis a main thread since they are one character ultimately, so a main thread to talk about multiple and potential different types for this character could shrink down the need for multiple Mii threads.

Mii’s are the player’s customizable character, and since that is the case, I would like more options than just Brawler, Gunner, and Sword Fighter. Having new types could easily flesh the characters out and lend itself to more possibilities in terms of personal creation. I would expect maybe 3 at most if they were to expand on Miis at all just to go along with the original three. Please leave any suggestions for potential types, but I feel that these would be the best possible types.

Mage - After Miitopia gave us magic based Miis, it would be nice for Smash to follow up. Having Miis that can cast spells and use different magic based attacks could add more variety to what should be a variety filled character.

Sports - The Miis’ debut game was Wii Sports so having a move set revolving around using different equipment like hitting Tennis balls at opponents would be cool. The sports Mii can use items from Wii Sports, and Wii Sports Resort.

Hammer - This always felt like a missing option to me, mainly because I wanted to create Amy from Sonic, but there was no hammer option to make her properly. Quite a few characters in Smash use hammers, so can we get an option for the Miis.

Other Mii types could be Axes and Lances for all the people wanting to create their favorite FE characters.

The Miis were a fun idea in Smash 4, but I feel that they could be expanded upon in this new entry making more combinations possible. I gave my ideas, but I’d love to hear about new types below, or if Sakurai should even consider expanding upon them.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Sports moveset was, to me, the go-to way to make Miis playable characters, I was surprised when they went with the custom character route instead.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I would love to see Chef and Popstar from Miitopia realized as Mii Fighter types. They would lend to some pretty oddball ways of fighting that would suite the whimsical nature of the Miis.

I really would like to see Sportsman be a class also. Wii Sports did put the Miis on the map and we really don't have anything like it aside from a couple of Peach's foward-smash attacks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If Mii Mage became a thing I'd really hope for a Merric costume.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I would think a staff user would be really cool. With Axe and Hammers they could be used pretty much with the swordsman moveset but with a two handed staff it would be very different. Weapons it would contain,

quarter/bo staffs
spears
magic staffs
glaives/naginatas
partisans/yari
halberds
poleaxes

I could go on.

Characters you could make
Kilik (Soul Caliber)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Fire Emblem Lance Users
Sun Wukong (Journey to the West) And all his adaptations
Little John (Robin Hood)
Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
Hattori Hanzo (Japanese History) And yes the Yari was his primary weapon
CuChuliann (Celtic Mythology)
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Lana w/ Deku Spear (Hyrule Warriors)
Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Warriors)

Again I could go on.

So you can't deny there is a lot of versatility with a Mii Lancer.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I would think a staff user would be really cool. With Axe and Hammers they could be used pretty much with the swordsman moveset but with a two handed staff it would be very different. Weapons it would contain,

quarter/bo staffs
spears
magic staffs
glaives/naginatas
partisans/yari
halberds
poleaxes

I could go on.

Characters you could make
Kilik (Soul Caliber)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Fire Emblem Lance Users
Sun Wukong (Journey to the West) And all his adaptations
Little John (Robin Hood)
Gandalf (Lord of the Rings)
Hattori Hanzo (Japanese History) And yes the Yari was his primary weapon
CuChuliann (Celtic Mythology)
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Lana w/ Deku Spear (Hyrule Warriors)
Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Warriors)

Again I could go on.

So you can't deny there is a lot of versatility with a Mii Lancer.
That would be very cool. You can also go more whimsical with things like a janitor weilding a mop with this idea.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
That would be very cool. You can also go more whimsical with things like a janitor weilding a mop with this idea.
That's actually a good point. I forgot about that. You could have a broom for witch character or Roll from Megaman. I can see a paintbrush/calligraphy brush used for a few characters like a Bob Ross or maybe an different Inkling.

Now the question would be what would the Mii Lancer's specials would be? I'm thinking of adding Krystal's staff's abilities for one set.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would go with a Wrecker which wields a large flail to swing around and there would be so much possible customization for example the flail could be a giant Wiimote and Nunchuck or maybe a rattlesnake with a barrel cactus stuck in it's mouth?

This and Clobber (Hammer) are the new Mii Fighters for my Smash Bros Eternity with other ones
(:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:Wrecker/Clobber, and other ones i might reveal soon.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom