• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Main

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
So I have completely given up on Link now since he has been so freaking nerfed. I Have decided to pick up Olimar. I have been enjoying his play style since the game came out but I really wanna get to know him. If anyone has any advice, like guides or videos I should watch I would really like the info. Thanks a lot.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i feel kinda bad that no-one posted anything to u, so i will. If your serious about picking up olimar, i'd suggest reading NC-ECHO's guide at the top of the olimar thread discussions. The videos by Shrinkray are the ones i find most impressive of the ones i've seen lately. I'd go to True's advance tech thread regularly to learn new things and contribute w/anything abnormal u might have noticed that helped while playing with him. Have fun!

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Echos guide is pretty badass. Im getting the hang of the WAC and I wanna start to learn some new techniques. I love it. Its really fun being Olimar. Switching from Link was the best idea I've had :p. I used to be really good with him in Melee but now I suck. I told the people on the Link forums and they got all buthurt lol. OLIMAR FTW.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh gosh, that's horrible...:) i recommend not using WAC too much because a simple dodge will be a better option most of the time rather than taking the hit damage. try to learn when a simple air dodge isn't better than the WAC and only use it in those circumstances. read some of the threads about it.

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
Oh I know about that, and I do, I just think its funny as hell when I have 120% and I use the WAC when they do a really powerful smash and then I just stay put lol. It's fun and I find it plays a good mind game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
it's VERY useful when you're at like 200% and anything will kill you. don't be afraid to use it then, cuz it doesn't matter if u get more damage. lol

Top Bottom